Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

what a mess-- now what?

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  otnot 
#1 ·
sold a k 80 stock to a buyer on e bay, he paid by paypal, no problem yet.shipped by fedex to buyers correct address. e mailed buyer the same day it was shipped and gave him tracking # and delevery day as told to me by fedex, still no problem yet. today buyer e mails me that he has not recieved stock yet 3 days beyond stated delevery date. now problems begin !fedex shows a delevery on the day i told buyer to expect it. fedex assumes no liability as they delivered as promised. i have the money, he has no stock! feel bad for a fellow shooter but i feel i did all things correct. still just can't bring myself to tell him "T S" what would you do to make things right??

#8 ·
As long as you have proof(and you do)that you shipped it, you are good to go.

If someone stole the stock off this guys porch, even Fed-Ex is going to get out of it. He will have to fight with them if he thinks they didn't deliver it. If they can PROVE they delivered it, then he has to call the cops and report a theft. I feel sorry for the guy but, that is not your fault.

AJ100

#9 ·
i was working and saw a ups truck deliver 4 tires to someone;s porch,ive had this happen to me ,box left on the front porch.the next day we were questioned if we saw anyone take the tires.was told that once its left on your property,its up to you to claim a loss with your homeowners.thats why you see boxes sitting on porches

#12 ·
daydreamer1- First, I commend you for wanting to make things right. How to accomplish this can be complex. When three parties are part of a deal that goes bad, a solution can be difficult. Talk with the other two parties and if the buyer knows you have concern, he should not be concerned. It would appear to me that the shipper has the greatest exposure and the greatest experience in wiggling out of such situations.

Pat Ireland

#13 ·
If Fed-ex left the package at his door, they require a signed signature card on file permitting them to do so. If your buyer acknowledged and accepted the risk of signing such a card, the missing stock is his problem and not yours. Give him time to work out a solution with Fed-Ex. If you are still inclined to refund some of his money back, I think that is a mistake.

#14 ·
From skeet2day:"HDLLLIII...IS RIGHT....Fed Ex will not leave a package without a signature or a signature card on file...if they have a card on file...the signer accepts responsibility for delivery and the short comings there of."

NOT SO GRASSHOPPA

I just sent a Garand stock to a guy in IL last week. I went thru Kinko's because they are the Fed-Ex drop off point. The clerk marked the box for "signature required". When I checked the tracking info page at Fed-Ex, the package was delivered. The details portion of the tracking page read as follows.

LEFT ON FRONT PORCH

WTF..... When I called Fed-Ex about their screw up,(about two seconds after I read the info), they said sorry three or four times but it was NO PROBLEM. If the package was not there when the buyer came home all I had to do was call back and file a claim. The box WAS there when the fellow got home but that could have been real ugly. Point? Fed-Ex has humans working for it. They sometimes screw up.

AJ

#16 ·
I ship a lot of packages every day with FedEx. Last year they changed their policy on delivery. If you want a signature upon delivery it's costs an additional $2. If you declare a value of over $500 then a signature is required. As the shipper you have to file the claim with FedEx. Call claims and talk to a supervisor. If you can get a notarized letter from the recipient stating he never received the package it will help your case. Did you insure it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.