1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What a Grand this turned out to be

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by duckeye, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duckeye

duckeye TS Member

This has really been a different Grand with all the horse---- that has been going on with a qualifier for the big money being sent home { if this is true} and with Frank Rively being sent home {if this is true}. I guess that someone has stepped on some toes that were tender and that person did not like it too much. I think that there should not be anything said until all the facts are in and then the punishment be imposed on the guilty party My 02 cents worth

Duckeye

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

The only other thing that needs to happen is a short yardage shooter needs to come in at the last minute and scoop up the 100K!

ss

3. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

? ? ? ?

4. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

OK I see the "story" !

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

short shucker not going to happen this association in the last few years is only here to glorify the long yardage shooters. JMO

Bob Lawless

6. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

If a short yardage shooter could do that it would give us all HOPE---But then they would call him a sandbagger---The 27yd'ers would die---JMT---SJB---

7. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I think that if a short yd shooter won $100,000.00 there would be a rule change quick---What do you think??? JMT---SJB---

8. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

One thing for Sure He or She would no longer be a SHORT yardage shooter.

9. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

What would the rule be? One yd bump?---SJB---

10. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I think whoever breaks them all will win.

11. perga1

perga1 Active Member

I think the only way a short yardage shooter could get a punch for winning the $100K is by invoking the known ability rule. After all the $100K shoot-off is not an ATA event is it? JRM

12. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

the $100,000 shoot off is based on ATA events and governed by ATA rules.

13. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Good God the amount of crying over this 100 grand could cause a flood. A guy would think you are a bunch of panty waist middle school girls. JMHO Bill

14. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

What a Grand indeed!!! What makes me wonder about the 100 G's is why no top shooters from sporting clays or skeet are shooting here for the money??? For that kind of cash they should be coming out of the wood work don't you think. Now confusion about Frank and the other officer who may be stepping down to add to this!!! I smell a rat somewhere!!! Do you think this could be a hoax or put on with the money??? I had thoughts about it from the start and now add, no other shooters, and the rumer of two people stepping down??? All money going to one shooter??? Break-em all. Jeff

15. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

AMEN! Brother Bill Grill.... I don't think most of the whiners are even shooting for a shot at it.

16. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

The reason top sporting clays and skeet shooters are not here is because they don't have a chance in hell of breaking the scores it takes to win in this game.

Mark R

17. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Shotgunfun, this is a shootoff for $100K. Only those who qualified can participate and theefore no yardage can/should be awarded just like any other shootoff. The yardage was already earned by qualifying. JRM

18. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Mark, Wayne Mayes has already shot a 100 from the 27 (Todd Bender is leading him in targets right now) and George Digweed is the best shooter in the world and YOU don't think he has a chance. It only costs 18 dollars to join and whatever the targets cost there to try, even if they put you on the 27 for not having enough targets reg. before the shoot, it still is a open shoot to all!!! So no-one out there has even thought about this possiblity at all!!! I guess I'm the only one!!! Break-em all. Jeff

OK So its $20! I must have been thinking about last years membership!

19. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

"It only costs 18 dollars to join"

I had to pay $20, what a rip-off! I'm never going to Sparta until next time!

20. 1881home

1881home TS Member

There was a rumor going around that Mike Hampton was "out" as well. Anyone have any insight on this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.