1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What? A fib? Naaaaaaaaaw!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by halfmile, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

From Newsmax:

The mainstream press provided wide coverage when President Barack Obama said equipment maker Caterpillar would rehire laid-off workers if Congress passed his stimulus package.

But the media were relatively quiet about that claim when Caterpillar recently announced that not only would it not rehire workers, but was cutting additional jobs.

Caterpillar Inc., the world’s largest maker of construction and mining equipment, announced 22,000 job cuts in January, and later offered early retirement to another 2,000 employees.

On Wednesday, Feb. 11, The Associated Press reported in a widely disseminated story that Obama said “Caterpillar has informed him it will rehire some of the thousands of workers it has laid off in recent weeks if Congress passes an economic stimulus bill . . .

“The president’s travel to pitch the urgency of the stimulus plan was his third day in a row to leave Washington. On Thursday, he goes to Peoria, Ill., to visit a Caterpillar manufacturing plant.”

But on March 17, The Associated Press reported that Caterpillar announced plans to lay off more than 2,400 additional workers.

“In the latest cuts,” AP stated, Caterpillar “said 2,365 support and management workers had been notified of layoffs expected to last at least six months . . . and 89 workers will be let go permanently.

Among the affected workers are 911 employees at the Caterpillar plant in East Peoria.

Caterpillar “also said more layoffs may be needed as the year continues,” according to the AP — which made no mention of Obama’s earlier statement about the company and the stimulus bill.

I guess we need to spend more of our grandchildren's money.

HM

2. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

You told a fib. Its our Greatgrand childrens money and I could be wrong on that myself. I heard today that on Monday it is to be anounced that king obama wants to spend another trillion to by bad debt from banks.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You mean our grandchildren aren't going to be rich from all this Keynesian prosperity that's about to unfold?

Next thing you'll tell me there is no tooth Fairy or Santa Claus.

HM

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

They printed an extra trillion so we could borrow it from ourselves.

5. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

I'm sure China will hold this note like the others.

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Obama could not give definite answers to any of the questions on 60 Minutes tonight, except the one about his kids swingset.

7. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

China is not holding this note. We are simply increasing the supply of money. When the s##t hits the fan look out. A loaf of bread will be $10 next year.

8. jcw62

jcw62 TS Member

Looks like Zimbabwe to me, not to be racist, will someone show me one prosperous country that has a black person as the head of state.

9. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Jim Owens, Cat CEo, never agreed to OB's claims and at the site of the OB speech, said that they (CAT) might be able to rehire "some" of the laid off employees.

This was at the same venue where he called out Aaron Schock claiming that he, Schock, didn't know what he wanted to be, and then encouraged the Cat workers to encourage him (Schock) to vote for the "stimulus" package. Schock stood around for two hours and no one asked him to vote for it.

I was about to ask if Trappy had a response to this one but how can you debate the truth?

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

I caught some of 60 Minutes tonight. Did anybody see the parallel between Obama and the cello player? I can tell you, there's a lot more to holding a position in a Philharmonic, than just being able to handle your instrument. Something about maturity, work ethic, and reliability comes to mind.

They're both being hailed by the media. But I think the cello player is much better at what he does, than Obama is at his respective "profession." He's in over his head, and the consequences for America are not near as funny.

If reason meant anything, Obama would be the one busking on the corner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.