1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What A Drone Can See From 17,500 feet.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Aug 1, 2013.

1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AHrZgS-Gvi4?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

That's fantastic! Your not saying that once you leave the privacy of your own home, that you don't like to be followed and your every move watched, are you? From what I understand from your previous posts on this subject, this is perfectly legal.

Can you imagine what they can see when following you from ten feet behind you, or following in the car.

I wonder if they have archived video from 09/14/2010 of an area not to far from my house? Hmmmm.

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Why? What happened on 9/14/2010?

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

They should put a a few on the border of Mexico, and one over Detroit.

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Government(secret service) has better cameras then that!

6. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Nothing the government would care about, but there would definitely be some perjury charges coming down, and it would not be on me.

7. Catpower

When I was in the Air Force we used to get recon pictures from SR 71's and U 2's they were black and whites, and you looked at them through kind of a "stereo" jewelers loupe,almost 3D, they were sometimes from 70,000+ feet, it was amazing what you could see on the ground

8. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

Careful Cat.

Those details are still classified. Even though most of them are in the public domain we are still held to the non-disclosure agreements of our Top Secret clearances.

Just because a person can see a gnat's nut from 14 miles up and determine whether or not it has 3 hairs or just two doesn't mean he needs to tell everyone that the gnat is grey or brown.

HeH.

Don T. Littleton CO

9. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

My uncle worked for DoD and later private contractors. He told my father that they had satellite technology that could read the serial number on a dollar bill, and that was probably 20 years ago.

Whatever they ALLOW us to know about, what they really have is probably 20 years ahead, and 100x more powerful.

10. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Here's a guy who was googling pressure cookers while someone else in the house was googling back packs Got a visit from the Feds pretty quick

Link above

11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I think they should just allocate one government agent for every person over 18, just to make sure everyone is walking the line.

12. Catpower

Don, I'm still okay because I never said what I was looking at LOL

I was surprised when I worked at the Bureau of Engraving in Ft Worth I had to go through a security check and as usual I put off filling all the paper work out until the last minute, at the time it was taking a few weeks for the clearance to come back, when I did it, it came back in just a couple days and a female FBI agent interviewed me, she said she sees I have a top secret security clearance, I said that was back in the early seventies, she said they stay with you all your life, kind of surprised me but I got my badge that day

I remember when I had to get I think it was 36 (it was 30 something) names and addys of people who could vouch for me when I had to apply for the clearance the first time, I was 17 and from a small town in NW Iowa, so I wrote my Mom and asked her to send me a old phone book, it was kind of tough to find that many people and make sure I left a good impression on them, the FBI did go out and check every lead, and I guess I was okay because I got it

13. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I was asked just today by a kid I know to vouch for him on a security clearance. I'm not sure my rec will do him much good but I told him I would. It will be my luck he turns out to be in an Al Qaeda sleeper cell.

Darr

14. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

That guy looks like Soros' smarter brother.

Bob Falfa

15. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

That won't work shannon. One on one I mean. When are those government agents going to sleep? You will need at least 3 government agents to 1 tax paying citizen just to make it through one 24 hour day, then you got the weekends and vacations to cover. What would that ratio be? 5 or 6 to 1? Heck feels like we're not that far away from that figure now.

Sad state of affairs isn't it?

16. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Cat, I believe the photo's were taken from a ER2A which is a modified U2 that held a two camera system. It took a picture going and passing and then was put together to have a stereo effect. It was used for crop studies as well as spotting marijuana in the redwoods of California among other things. I forget the name of the magazine but it told about all of that and a lot of the stuff we couldn't verify. Jackie B.

17. Mapper

Mapper Member

Just one time in 27 years I got to work off U-2 type film. It was amazing and that was 40 years ago.

18. Catpower

Jackie you are right I am sure, it was a long time ago, and my hard drive was overloaded then too LOL

19. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Cat, you know what those camera systems were developed for I bet. I worked in that field for quite a few years. It amazed me then and still does. They do it all digitally now. Will shut up before I get in trouble. LOL Jackie B.

20. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

While on maneuvers in 1975 I was provided a photograph of one of my soldiers asleep on a hay stack. Name tag clear as bell. Taken from very high altitude. Purpose of the photo was to provide us "stealth" assessment of our emplacements. Have made many intel assessments from detailed high altitude photos. Can't imagine whats avail today. If you believe the "We didn't know" BS coming out of our intel folks your a lost cause. Jake