1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Whackos equate Navy Seals to Columbine....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Seal's tribute not the same as Columbine<br>
    <br>
    The Pueblo Chieftain Online<br>
    <br>
    Published: Sunday April 08, 2007<br>
    By Chuck Green<br>
    <br>
    The massacre at Columbine High School was a bloody, deadly, tragic event. So was World War II. But there was a difference.<br>
    <br>
    About the only common denominator was that guns were involved. Other than that, the two events had absolutely nothing in common, and schoolchildren ought to be taught the difference.<br>
    <br>
    Emily Cassidy and Linda Cuesta are having a difficult time keeping the two events separate, and they are worried, worried, worried that children might confuse the two also.<br>
    <br>
    In their particular case, it's America's war in Afghanistan they are confusing with Columbine. What they are focused on are the weapons, not the cause.<br>
    <br>
    Weapons are terrifying, they say, and their depiction in the hands of an American soldier shouldn't be allowed in a park where children might gather.<br>
    <br>
    Now, in the age of political correctness, I suppose statues of soldiers should be restricted to adults-only parks. No Children Allowed on the mall in Washington, D.C. School buses will be diverted from places where a military statue is on display - places like in front of the State Capitol in Denver. Children should be blindfolded when they enter the Pueblo Convention Center, where statues of four U.S. Medal of Honor recipients stand guard.<br>
    <br>
    That is the essence of a protest by Cassidy, Cuesta and others who are trying to block placement of a bronze tribute to a U.S. Navy Seal in a Littleton park. Danny Dietz was killed in combat two years ago while serving in Afghanistan.<br>
    <br>
    Cuesta, whose child was attending Columbine High School on the day of the 1999 massacre, acknowledged to The Denver Post that her memory of that day "colors everything in my life."<br>
    <br>
    Patsy Dietz, the widow of the fallen soldier, is a little more discriminating in her view of life.<br>
    <br>
    "It's a parent's job, including these parents who are protesting, to teach their children the difference between two thugs who murder their classmates and a soldier who died fighting for their freedom."<br>
    <br>
    Cassidy and Cuesta say they oppose the placing of the statue, not the statue itself - although they also don't like the design by sculptor Robert Henderson of Canon City. They think the Dietz's weapon is the focal point of the sculpture.<br>
    <br>
    "If I've got my 4-year-old at the playground, I feel it would be a threatening image that would frighten her," Cassidy told the Rocky Mountain News.<br>
    <br>
    Dietz's mother, Cindy, is offended. "What do they want us to do, stick it in a corner somewhere? ... It's about a hero. It's not about a war, and it's definitely not about a gun."<br>
    <br>
    There's no doubt that Dietz was a hero, having been killed while hunting down 9/11 terrorists in the mountain hideouts of Osama bin Laden. His memorial statue is scheduled to be unveiled on July 4.<br>
    <br>
    He was fighting off dozens of al-Qaida terrorists when he died, and he was awarded the Navy Cross - its second highest honor - for his bravery.<br>
    <br>
    Cuesta said she respects Dietz's sacrifice but disagrees with the message she sees in the statue.<br>
    <br>
    "After our experience with Columbine and the clear message of nonviolence that we teach within the Littleton schools - honestly, what are we thinking?" she mused in an interview.<br>
    <br>
    What we are thinking, I believe, is that freedom is worth fighting for. And that is a value that is worthy of reminding our children.<br>
    <br>
    And as parents, Cuesta and others have the responsibility to teach their children the difference between a violent video game and "Band of Brothers," the acclaimed TV series about World War II.<br>
    <br>
    http://www.chieftain.com/editorial/1176012000/6

2. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

whata bunch of sickos. they should start their own country if they don't like this one.

brett d.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    They ARE starting a new country. They are turning America into Amerika.

4. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Nobody ever said women (especialy ) have any sense!

5. BP348

BP348 Active Member

That's so crazy I don't even know where to start.

6. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Proof positive that liberal whackos are the scum of the earth! If I had my way I would drop every one of these dirt bags in the middle of the most extreme murderous Muslim areas in thre world. That way they could go "make peace" with them! These low lifes are not fit to shine the boots of a member of this countries armed forces!

7. southpark

southpark TS Member

Fifty years from now we're going to have either the Chinese or the Islamicists making movies in this country called "Band of Pussies" about how a bunch of metrosexuals tried to win them over with hugs and fashion makeovers.

8. Frenchy

Frenchy Member

Gregory"Pappy" Boyington Congressional Medal of Honor WWll U.S.M.C.fighter pilot was a graduate of the university of Washington.The university wanted to honor his memory for his bravery he showed in WWll in saving his country.The student body voted not to because it would be honoring a killer.Wounder if they ever read a book called the rape of Nan King or if anyone ever taught them American history? Go figure

9. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Southpark,

"Band of Pussies"...I like that...

10. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

We need to be just as loud as the liberal WACKOS of this country. Conservitive gun owners are too reserved. Make sure you have your facts strait then stand on your soap box and preach!

Ronbo

11. cecritz

cecritz Member

How about catering to the people that want to stand behind heros and what they stand for. If these attitudes don't stop we will all be speaking French and our parks will be full of statues of Soldiers holding white flags.FREEDOM IS A FIGHT WORTH FIGHTING FOR

12. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Just two stupid bitches picking up where Cindy Shiite Sheehan left off.

13. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Southpark, that was priceless!

Buz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.