1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wetherby Orion O/U

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SAMinWI, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAMinWI

SAMinWI TS Member

Anyone used one of these for trap? Saw one for sale recently and don't know anything about them. Tks for the info.
    Yours in Shooting,
    Sam Gascho

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They are a little flat shooting for most trapshooters, unless you need that kind of POI.

I had a friend using a Weatherby Orion Trap model to shoot ducks with years ago.

Other than that, they are SKB inside.

HM

3. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

They arent bad guns. We used to sell them in our store years ago. One of my friends ran 100 in doubles with one he had.

4. th445

th445 TS Member

I used one for a couple of years only problem I had was a broken fireing pin. Had to send it to a authorized Weatherby repair center. Other than that worked great but you have to remember its a field gun not a trap gun. Yes you have to cover the bird it shoots flat but once you get used to that as far as I'm concerend its a great gun.
    th445

5. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

th445, they made both, field gun and also a trap version, with Monte Carlo stock. I've owned the latter, and it was more than adequate as a trap gun. I managed some nice scores with it, a terrific handicap gun. J.Woolsey0515114

6. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

I shoot a Weatherby Orion field for Skeet and Sporting Clays.....also duck hunting. I've had problems with the firing pin and also the hammers. The last time I had the hammers replaced my gunsmith told me Weatherby sent him the new and improved hammers. So far, so good. I'm in the process of buying a CG Sporting!

7. th445

th445 TS Member

Didn't know they made a trap version, should have, I was on their web site enough. I still like shooting my field gun though. I shoot trap, skeet and some sporting clays with it. Just change the chokes and go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

who makes the orion for wetherby