1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Westy Hogans results

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shotgunpeople, Sep 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

I have been going to the R J Stuart web site to find results of the Westy Hogans shoot but down at the bottom of the results page it lists the Westys but all the spaces are blank.

Am I the only one having this problem? Or can someone tell me where to get the results of the shoot ?

Thanks for the help, Dave in SC

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I see results at 10:00 am.

MK

3. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Hi Ron....

That's what Judy told me...Stay off the computer and get over to the new house....Maybe Ron and Mary Ann might want to come and visit someday and I want the place DONE !!! ha ha ha

I found the results site for RJ Stuart...our northern friends are at it again ...

See ya, Dave

4. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I shot pretty well for the short time I've been shooting trap (around 12 months less the 3-4 months I didn't shoot during last winter).

I had a lot of 24s but couldn't close the deal on enough of them.

Friday I shot a 91 in both caps and singles, the wind had an affect on a few of the targets.

Saturday I shot a 188 in singles (93 and 95).

Sunday I shot an 88 in doubles and a 87 in caps, I think I spent a little too much time at the bar Saturday night with some trap shooters I ran into at the hotel.

I was having a lot of trouble on Sunday and knew I was shooting very poorly but I was satisfied that I was able to shoot the scores I did, considering I knew I wasn't at 100%.

Westy Hogans was a huge step in shooting for me, my singles game is approaching the scores I want. As for doubles and caps I've only shot a few hundred of each in my life so to be able to shoot the scores I did I guess I was satisfied for the weekend.

I did a lot better than a lot of people who have shot a lot longer than I have so I guess that was one of the positives I considered. I know a 100 straight is right around the corner, unfortunately winter isn't too far off and it'll probably wait until spring.

I'm tempted to head to Cicero tomorrow and stay for the entire week but my shoulder and arm is a bit tired and I'm not sure if my bank account could handle the expense of shooting another 600-1000 rounds over the next week.

Summary:

My averages @ Westy Hogans were better than my average for the 2010 season and I'm looking forward to the 2011 season.

Note to self: Never stay @ the Days Inn in Danville again.

5. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

RICH219, weren't you the one who started the thread about places to stay in Elysburg (we tried to tell about the Econolodge in Shamokin Dam)?

6. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I was he.

I've never been a fan of Econolodges, but couldn't imagine it could of been worse. According to google Danville was only 15 mins away vs. 30 mins away for Shamokin Dam. This was the main reason I decided to stay in Danville.

A camper has been moved up on our list of priorities for trap. Having to leave the dogs with family 2.5 hours south west of Elysburg added 10 hours of driving to the trip over the weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.