1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Weston,Ohio Trapshooter,Golfer passes away

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1oldtimer, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Maurice D. "Maury" Dewese 87 of Weston,Ohio passed away Sunday,May 22,2011. Maury was a long time Farmer,Trapshooter and an avid Golfer. Maury shot all over the country,including Vandalia,Las Vegas,Jaqua's and Malinta to name a few. One of his biggest thrills came on a hole in one golfing in Bowling Green,OH. He accomplished all this with only 1 arm as he lost one in a farming accident years ago. Maury will be sadly missed by all who knew him. Clyde Doll

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. When I started shooting, Maury was one of the good guys I first encountered. He will be missed....already is.

Despite one arm, he was a heck of good shot!

Rosey

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Sending sympathies from Kansas. Did he come to Maryland to shoot a few years back? I saw a one-armed older shooter there once.

4. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Thanks Clyde, I dont believe I ever meet Maury, I'm sure he was a great person. My prayers going up for the man, his family and friends.

Matt Nicol

5. tweety1

tweety1 Member

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Dewese family. You couldn't have asked for a nicer trapshooter. One prince of a guy. Our Sympathy, The Heisler's Mary Jane and Johnny (Williams County Gun Club)

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Had many a pleasant conversations with him. He was one of the Good Guys. Rest in peace my friend.

Don

7. Fhil Whiner

Fhil Whiner TS Member

He was a lot of fun to shoot with and watch. No handicap with him when you watched him shoot.

I liked his doubles shooting.

He is in our thoughts.

JD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.