1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Western Zone

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RSW, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RSW

RSW TS Member

I was at a club Sunday and overheard a couple of shooter talking about the Western Zone shoot and how Redlands was trying to get the state association to give them a $1000 towards the shoot. Both of these shooters were criticizing Redlands for even asking. I don't understand how this is a bad thing. In this economy shouldn't clubs be doing everything they can to help the shooters? I would think the association would want to do things like this. It's not like it's a million bucks, but to the shooters it is a nice little chuck of change. With the price of everything going up I know I would sure like to win some money to help pay for my shooting.

2. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Before this blows up into a huge "against Redlands" thing...let me clarify. Redlands did indeed put forth a motion to be considered for 1000.00 from the CGSTA.There is nothing wrong with that. The CGSTA had in prior years given out monies to the sites in Claifornia that were hosting the Western Zone sites. In past years no one was "applying" for these funds, ( yes some clubs just assumed it was going to be given to them but the wording was that the club wanting the $ needed to apply for it), so a few years ago the money was taken out of the budget and put into the Zone or Winter Chain bugdets....(FYI not one club would have gotten all 1000 anyway, it was meant to be split between two sites...)We again will revisit this bugdet item in our Early fall meeting. Hope this helps.

Kym Hughes

3. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

There was always a lot of confusion about the CGSTA assistance. It was not clearly understood by many clubs and as a result hard feeling were generated.
    It was my understanding the CGSTA decided to eliminate this subsidy entirely.

The zone shoot is very difficult for clubs to hold. The required days makes it very difficult for the hosting club to make money or even break even. Last
    year no clubs in Northern CA opted to hold the shoot. The nearest was Sage Hill in Reno. They did a great job and it was an excellent shoot. I hope if no No. CA clubs opt to hold it this year Sage Hill will.

Kym on another note I have never received the corrected state team award. Last time I heard from you advised it was being mailed. Any word? Thanks Jim

4. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Jim I have your Plaque at my house....if anyone is going to be at Santa Maria Winter Chain that you see let me know and I will give them the plaque...e-mail me and let me know...if not at Santa Maria I will also be at Kingsburg...and to add....Redlands was the only site in California to put in to host a site for the Western Zone.

5. Shotgunchick

Shotgunchick TS Member

I say so what!!! Some of the things people come up with to talk about. My comment on this is who cares what Redlands is doing for the Zone Shoot. This club is the best club in Southern Calif. You should be thinking about what you can do to promote this club and volunteer to help. Redlands is about the shooters. This has only been obvious with the shoots they have. Get a LIFE. Find something worth talking about. This comment of mine is directed to the people you over heard at the club you were shooting at. If I was there I would have said this to their face. We should stop that kind of gossip right away. Redlands intentions are always for the shooters.

6. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Kym I tried to email you but was returned.
    I do not know of anyone from this area that
    will attend Santa Maria or Kingsburg. There
    are shoots in No. CA on corresponding dates.

Jim

7. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Hey Jim ....sorry I forgot to tell you to remove the XXXX from the e-mail...Let me know if anyone you know is going to Kingsburg...if not e-mail your address....

8. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

John....thanks but the award is for Jim Elliott of No.Cal. not Jim Edwards of So. Cal, but thanks for the offer anyway.....

9. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Bob and John - I have had problems with the CGSTA mispelling my name for several years. I have been promised corrections and left previous awards to be correct, which I never did receive. I called this to the attention of Kym at the state shoot last year. She advised would get it corrected and forwarded to me. Later advised it was sent. To date I have not received it.

Maybe it is not important to you but it is to me. I believe I have the right to ask that my name be spelled correctly. I am proud of it whether anyone else is or not. I am also getting a little older and some things have a little more importance to me today than they did a few years ago. - Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.