1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Western Zone

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bow377, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bow377

bow377 TS Member

Does anyboby know what;s the program is for the Weatern Zone Shoot in Newman.

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The ATA Western Zone Shoot is a telephonic shoot held simultaneously at 11 different gun clubs. It is a 4 day tournament with zone wide ATA trophies. A regional zone shoot for a State is a completely different thing.

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

bow377,

As far as I know, the program at Newman should be the "standard" Western Zone program, i.e.:

Thursday, July 19: Singles, Handicap, Handicap

Friday, July 20: Class Doubles, Preliminary Handicap, Class Singles

Saturday, July 21: Singles Championship

Sunday, July 22: Doubles Championship, Handicap Championship

The Western Zone is shot at 11 clubs. Some of the clubs shoot Thursday's second handicap on Saturday afternoon (e.g., Anaconda, Spokane, Chugiak).

Thursday's events are included in the HOA, but there are no Zone-wide trophies for those events (even if Event 3 is not shot until Saturday.)

Ties on the doubles and singles on Friday will be carried over to their respective Championship event. Friday's Preliminary Handicap will be shot off on Friday afternoon.

Scores will be available at the link above.

4. ms_yuan

ms_yuan Member

The Newman Western Zone program is in the link, above. I hope to go there, myself. Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.