1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Western Zone Trophies ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chugiakshooter, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

I keep being asked when are these trophies going to be given out,by a winner at out club.The Alask state shoot was in July.

2. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Zone trophies are drop shipped to the winners by the companies who were contracted to supply them. This means that the clubs need to report the winners, the ATA office needs to send that info to the vendors, then the vendors will ship.

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Most of the trophies were shipped out on 26 August.

There were a couple of additional trophies that hadn't been originally requested that have to be made, and those will ship out next week.

Which trophy, in particular, are you looking for?

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

You mean AA Class Singles? That's a trophy provided by the ATA. I would expect you to get that this week. All ATA-provided trophies were shipped no later than 23 August.

5. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

What could take so long to order trophies?

6. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

I think that the "long pole in the tent" is that the Western Zone shoot wasn't the only shoot going on in the country during July - August 2010.

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Maybe shorten the ATA pole a tad earlier in the year since it's an ongoing shoot? Boxed and ready to be mailed to the proper addresses once the results are in? The clubs involved know immediately who the trophy winners are once the shoot-offs are completed, why not those awarding the trophies?

Hap

8. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

You volunteering?

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I'd think those charging clubs for holding such shoots offering trophy's shouldn't have to ask for volunteers to hand out trophy's?

Are you in such a position to actually assign such help for passing out ATA awards or just short answers/questions? YOUR QUESTION DOES have an ATA ring tone to it though.

Hap

10. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

No, we don't need volunteers to "hand out" trophies. Thanks for offering though.

Mailing of the trophies is handled by the trophy vendor. I have no idea what their work load is, but as I mentioned above, I'm sure that the Western Zone isn't the only shoot they were working on.

11. JES

JES Member

Curious, event 6 Handicap shoot-off in El monte, ca against Utah for Lady Runner-up. Is there a trophy for this catagory?

12. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Jan,

The "trophy" is an ATA Points Pin.

13. trapwife

I checked with the ATA office about this issue. (which is what should have been done in the beginning instead of dragging this out over the internet. if you ever want a solution to any problem, you must talk to the person with the authority to solve your problem. that would be the ATA office in this situation.)The trophies were ordered back in November, 2009. I know this for a fact as I am the one who selected/ordered them. The vendors can't ship to winners until the club notifies the ATA office in Vandalia. Zone shoots that take place in July are sometimes slow to report because the club officials are busy attending the Grand American. Once the names are received by the ATA office, someone there has to look up each shooter to get a correct mailing address, the clubs don't send that info. Then the name/address is sent to the vendor for shipping. All this takes time....

14. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Thanks Karla.

One of the changes I'm going to make for next year's Zone shoots is to include the winner's addresses with the shoot report. Hopefully that will make that step easier.

Scott

15. trapwife

Scott, I think that would be much appreciated at the office. Thank you for all you do....

16. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Talked to Scott...says he sent the names to the ATA the day after the shoot.

So he's done his part, it sounds like to me.

Trophies are a thankless job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.