1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Western Zone Sites

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pocatello, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I was just browsing on the ATA website, and looked up the sites hosting the Western Zone Shoot in August. To my surprise, there is nothing listed for California! Southern Californians have nothing closer than Sierra Vista AZ, and Northern Californians nothing closer than Pocatello ID. With gas prices increasing at the rate they are, will the Californians mostly pass on the Zone Shoot? Is somebody planning to host and just have not applied yet? What's the story?

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Prior to last year the Top Dawgs used to flock to Spanish Fork Utah and now the highest scores seem to be spread out a bit more. Out of curiosity how far from Pocatello ID is Vernal Utah ??

3. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

You could always come on up to Alaska - we're a zone site this year, LOL.

cheap airfare (see my other thread), good folks and free salmon. All you can eat ribeye's too....

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

With the Califorinia part of the Western Zone Shoot being held at Redlands...you couldn't ask for better!

Great targets, well run shoot and friendly people...can't wait!

5. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Mike, Vernal is over near the Colorado line a few miles south of Wyoming, and 335 miles from Pocatello according to Mapquest. Also according to Mapquest, it's 171 miles from Salt Lake City to Vernal, and just under three hours, compared to 165 miles and under 2.5 hours from SLC to Pocatello. It will be interesting to see where the Utah shooters go for the Zone Shoot.

Redlands is still quite a drive for the Northern California shooters, isn't it Terry? Somewhere like 450 miles from Sacramento. I guess that is better than 700 miles to Pocatello from Sacramento.

Medford also is not listed on the ATA page.

6. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

You can fly RT on Southwest from Sac. to Ontario for $129.00. That's about what gas would cost at 30mpg and only 1 hotel night. Terry will send his limo and driver to collect you at the airport.

7. Trap4two

Trap4two TS Member

Seems to me the Western Zone shoot is always around the 15th. of July.Mike

8. DeVille

DeVille Member

Medford Gun Club will be one of the clubs that will be hosting the Western Zone. We will have a lot of trophies and some added money for the shoot. I am getting the program ready now. We are also planning a Rouge River jet boat trip and dinner on that Wednesday and trying to set up a Hawaiian night roast pig dinner. We are in Southern Oregon on I-5. Come have a good time and stop by on your way to the PITA Grand. Dex, ATA Delegate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.