1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Western Zone Shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RAD, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAD

RAD Member

WE have 10 ATA Directors in the Western Zone.I would think at least one could have the scores posted.It looks like they are not looking out for their fellow shooters they represent.

2. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Agreed...see Western Zone Reno Results thread; same sentiment, worded differently.

3. Vickie

Vickie Member

I'm not a delegate, and I don't know all the results, but I know there was only 1 100 in the Zone Handicap, and I am sorry, but I don't know who it was. There were 3 100's in doubles, all at Salt Lake Gun Club. I believe that Phil Kiner won that shoot off, and Tim Robb was runner up, and I am sorry but I don't know who the other 100 was, but I think he took AA, so it opened up AAA to all the 99's. I think Vince McNamara won Vet with a 98. Again, not sure about all the scores and names.

Desiree Dursteler won the HOA Lady. She shot great all week. Congrats on making the 27 yard line to her. Kambra Brawner was Lady Champion in the singles with a 199, Desiree took A class with her 199. Leah Dixon won the Zone Ladies doubles with a 96. There was a 99 and 98 in for Lady Champion in the handicap, but again, I am sorry I don't remember the names.

There was one 200 in the singles and lots of 199's. Sean Hawley was shooting off for HOA Zone with someone in Pocatello, I think. Don't know the outcome on that either.

I know these are not definite results, as they are kind of just what I remember looking at some of the faxes. I hope this helps a little. Wish I had gotten copies of the results so I could have posted them for you guys.

Vickie

4. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Vickie - thanks so much for at least posting that. Those of us who couldn't get to the WZ this past weekend (myself included), live vicariously thru these posts and there just wasn't any info (except Larry from Pocatello)! Thanks again.

5. Lyle

Lyle Member

Third hand information............just got off the phone with Welton and he told me that it was Charlie Woodruff who was in the HoA shootoff. He didn't know who won, only that Charlie had missed a doubles target.
    Stu said that that he (Welton) had a 396 in the All-Around but was beaten by Kiner's 398. Stu also said that he shot a 99 in the doubles and banked an extra 140 and quit shooting.

That is all the third hand stuff for you.

LYle

6. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I feel for all of you who couldn't attend one of the sites - it was hard enough for those of us who were there to get information, nevermind get anything posted to the internet. It's a lot of work to put on even part of this great shoot. I can only imagine how hard it must be to try to coordinate it all over eight sites, two time zones, and thousands of miles. I think it is worth it just for the chance to be part of something where so many great shooters and friends are shooting such great scores. Perhaps next year we will do it again, and maybe even have internet access at the club so we can get what we know posted nightly at TS.com. And perhaps next year I won't need to leave before it's over to head to a meeting in Golden CO. Oh, that's right, next year's meeting is in Oak Ridge TN, but maybe I won't need to go.

Greetings from Golden.

7. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Larry - I appreciate very much the time you spent trying to get info out.

It just seems rather sad that in this day and age of wireless and regular internet, the Western Zone information from site to site is so slow, let alone posting it somewhere on the internet for the masses. We had the same problem last year - it took forever to get information from site to site.

I'm wondering if the other Zones in the country have the same problem and if they did, what did they do to fix things? Rhetorical I know, but certainly worth pursuing for next year.

Thanks again for all you did - hope the weather is good in CO.

8. Calgary Guy

Calgary Guy TS Member

They way everyone was running around here in Calgary, I am sure they are not to worried about the "Net".

How ever... The ATA MUST realize this is 2007 not 1977. all of this should be on a live leader board on the net. A shooter should not have to wait 6 weeks to see his scores on the ATA website. This should all be automatic with some sort of web based system. Its a embarrassment that the ATA is so behind the times.

Calgary Guy

9. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Gary - Well stated. It is passed time the ATA upgraded is computer system to the 21st century. - Jim

10. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

How about each Club/Range posting their results. We keep blasting the ATA when we have some Clubs/Ranges that have little if any Internet access. We have dial-up which sucks and are looking at Wild Blue service that uses satellite service for a 10X faster connection @ $49 a month. They have faster speeds for more $$ but we'll start at $49. Go to their site and enter the Zip code of your facility to see if they can provide the service to you.

Next thing is to get a volunteer to set up a simple web site (free from your internet provider) to post the results. If all Clubs/Ranges provided that service, we wouldn't be constantly complaining about the ATA.

I'm a volunteer for our Association and have been doing this for 8 years. Since I'm retired, I can and do update on a daily basis when needed. Folks really appreciate the timely info.

This really started with me trying to get the Western Zone results to see how our (SDSSA) folks faired. A father emailed me that his daughter won an event and I was trying to verify his info. No info...no luck.

Can anyone out there help me?

Augie

11. Vickie

Vickie Member

I agree with the comments about computers. It would be really great to have some kind of program to link all the clubs and when their scores are entered, they would instantly combine with the other clubs and you would have a zone wide leader board. It would probably be an expensive program to set up, but it sure would be nice.

Maybe internet service or the use of should be a requirement to hosting the shoot. For the clubs that don't have internet, maybe a member might have a wireless set up that could be borrowed.

Even if it weren't instantaneous, it could all be updated to a website common to all sites. It sure would be great to work something out like this.

Vickie

12. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

There has to be a way to accommodate those clubs that are in the "tulles" (sp?) and where access to internet (let alone faxing) is limited. Everyone has computers, not everyone has the ability to access the internet in a reliable manner.

The first step to all of this is to concentrate on the clubs who have a hard enough time "talking" to each other during the shoot, to talk to each other faster. Faxing sometimes just isn't the answer and emailing could help, except everyone has to be able to access the internet - in some form. Dial up can be iffy at best.

Once we get the clubs talking to each other in a more consistent and expedient way, then we can get the results out to the masses.

I would suggest an FTP site to upload information - it's fast and easy, but again, you need reliable internet access to do it.

Vicki - perhaps this would be something to put forth to the CGSTA BOD to discuss for next year? Just a thought.

13. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

Right on Vickie. The Clubs that have nothing need to work on something. We just need to start with something that provides info to others.

Augie

14. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

starshot2b: this is more than just CA. Let's start small by helping the smaller clubs who don't have internet access. Someone in that Club/Range certainly has email. We can't get DSL or Cable so we're pusuing Satellite with Wild Blue. We have dial-up but it's very slow. The $49 level states 10X faster than dial-up. Total committment is 1 year at $50 = $600 plus the $199 for equipment. The URL above takes you to a special they're running.

Faxes are OK but not ideal.

Augie

15. Vickie

Vickie Member

I don't know what club I will be at next year, but I would volunteer to be the computer results inputee(?)at that club. Maybe we could have someone assigned that job at each club, for a start. Just get some one who is able to set up a common website, and just send the information from each club, as it comes in, with say 15 minute updates on the leaders at each club. Sure would beat waiting around hours for any results.

I'd help!

Vickie

16. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

Select a host club for posting the scores. Using their website create separate pages for each participating club. Have each Club upload to that web page.

OR

Each club post on their own web site and let the others know how to access.

I'll bet someone with more knowledge on this subject than me could help set it up.

You're a start Vickie. You said "I'd help".

Augie

17. Vickie

Vickie Member

Augi, I would think one website would be better, than having to search through all the different gunclubs. I am sure there is a shooter out there that could help with those details. I don't EVEN know how to set a website up, but I am sure it could be done, with each club having access.

Vickie

18. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

I can help - I have a laptop, wireless (and dial up) internet access and the ability to send stuff. The problem is the location of whatever club it is -- do they have access?

Augie - I realize it's not just in CA - it's the entire Western Zone, but we do need (as you say) to get those clubs who participate in the WZ talking to each other as well.

Where I live (out in the country), I now have wireless with a dial-up backup, just in case. I waited 17 years for DSL (and cable) that never arrived. I pay $38 per month for high speed internet. That is certainly something some clubs can afford as a line item in their monthly budgets -- how about those clubs that can't?

We all have great ideas -- how do we get them implemented? Where do we start? What can we do? I'm open to helping.

Sherree

19. Augie Daddi

Augie Daddi TS Member

I'd say we start by asking the WZ State Associations to survey their Clubs to find out what communication capability each one has. What State are you in Vickie and Sherree?

Here are the WZ States:

AZ, CA, ID, MT, NV, OR, UT, WA & WY.

I suggest a common survey questionnaire so that results are compatible. Maybe the Zone VP should coordinate this effort.

Danny McKenzie
    Western Zone
    1221 Dry Creek Road
    Troy, ID 83871
    208 / 835-5073 Res.
    mckdanata@tds.net

Guess one of us could send Dan an email.

Augie

20. AJJ

AJJ TS Member

I have the results of the Western Zone Wide winners on an email with attachments of the various categorys, I do not know how to transfer them from an email with attachments to the trapshooteres web site. Can someone help.
    This is a tremdous amount of work by all the sites sending their information the the central location, IE Calgary Alberta, and compiled by the Alberta ATA delegate ALLAN RADWAY, he put in a tremendous amout of effort in bringing all this data together, sitting there with four fax machines, with data, questions coming and going is a daunting task, I know I was trying to assist at times. AJ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

western zone trap shoot