1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Western Zone Shoot @ Garden Canyon

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GCTC, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GCTC

GCTC TS Member

Garden Canyon will host the Western Zone Telephonic Shoot 17-19 July. Presquad.com registration is available starting 12 June 2009. The programs will we finished mailing 12 June 2009.

Rod Ritter
    520-220-8685

2. bas

bas Member

The Garden Canyon program can also be found on the ASTA website. Looking forward to the shoot at Garden Canyon...we had a great time last year.

3. GCTC

GCTC TS Member

Good Visibility even in the morning, 0900. Wind Pattern generally calm early morning, pickup after 0930-1000 for awhile, than calm near mid day, with some winds gaining if there is any wind at all.

4. bas

bas Member

5. cwbanker

cwbanker Member

I shot there this past weekend. Wind howled but oh what a bunch of nice guys. I recommend giving them a try. These guys really work hard at making you feel welcomed.

Joel Schram
    Yuma, AZ

6. bas

bas Member

And, how about the view from the trap line...beautiful, isn't it?

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

bas, shall I bring my box of Altoids again this year! :) Another 200?? Hap

8. Just-A-Shooter

Just-A-Shooter Member

Rod,

I just tried to Presquad. This shoot does not show up on Presquad.com yet. Any idea when it will be available??

9. Too Bad

Too Bad TS Member

Look under shoot search by State tab. It's there.

Richard

10. bas

bas Member

Hap - that sure would be nice! The Altoids AND the 200...looking forward to seeing you at Garden Canyon.

Just-A-Shooter - the shoots that you see when you go to PreSquad.com are "featured" shoots...i.e., they paid extra for that "featured billing"...as Rich Left said, you can find all other shoots by using either the state or month "search" feature. My apologies, I should have noted that on the ASTA web page...

11. GCTC

GCTC TS Member

OOOOOPPPPPPSSSSS. Betty did an outstanding job of proofing the Garden Canyon Trap Club Program. But, the less than correct selection of the file by the shoot manager (Ritter) caused the next to last version go out. Sorry. See the state association for the lastest and greatest version of the program.

Very Humbly,
    Rod Ritter

12. Just-A-Shooter

Just-A-Shooter Member

Thanks for the help all. Betty I hopped on a couple of squads with you. See you all in July.
    Dale

13. GCTC

GCTC TS Member

Mike McNeeley will attend. He'll have his cook mobile shack available for breakfast and lunch, Thursday through Sunday.

His food is good!
    Rod

14. bas

bas Member

The McNeeley's food is GREAT! Roger will be happy - good food and his "gin" playing buddies will be there.

15. bas

bas Member

Dale and Hap...looking forward to shooting with you at Garden Canyon...thanks for filling up our squad!

16. GCTC

GCTC TS Member

Some squads filling up in presquadding. But, lots of places left to sign up in. Remember, the targets are clear even in the morning.

Please bring your shells. The Sportsmens center has very limited supplies of shells. Walmart is in town. It too has limited supplies.

Some camping spaces are left.

I have put in a weather request for clear sky, weather below 95 degrees and no wind. We haven't had a 100 degree day yet.

It hasn't been formally accepted yet.

Rod

17. dws

dws TS Member

Nice place to shoot and Mike's food is Top Shelf !

Dennis

18. GCTC

GCTC TS Member

Final agreement with Sportsmen's Center being signed this weekend. All things go for the Western Zone.

Rod

19. Just-A-Shooter

Just-A-Shooter Member

Rod,

What time is the front gate open to visitors? Are there any special requirements to enter the base? Looking forward to shooting at your club.

20. GCTC

GCTC TS Member

The main gate (an extension of Fry Blvd)is open 24/7.
    Drivers require a drivers license, proof of insurance and a current registration for the vehicle. Passangers require a photo ID.
    Rod Ritter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.