1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WESTERN ZONE SCORES

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Vickie, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vickie

Vickie Member

David has set up a great format for viewing the scores for the Western Zone. So glad we are using it.

Thanks David!

2. Vickie

Vickie Member

Sorry, I thought everyone knew where to look. My mistake. I don't know if it will work, but I will try to put the address in the website URL. space above.

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

I'd like to thank all the shoot team members who are helping to pull this off.

I'd especially like to thank David. Without his hard work and dedication to this concept, we wouldn't be even one-tenth as far as we are.

What many of you probably don't realize about the site that Vickie posted is it's not just a site showing the scores. That would be fine in its self. But that site is our sole method of accumulating scores, determining winners and shoot-offs, and posting shoot-off scores, from all nine of the shoot sites in this year's Western Zone Shoot. Everything is being done on-line.

As some of you know, in years past, the accumulation of data and determination of winners and shoot-offs was done by fax. That's all changed this year. We have nine sites around the west that are uploading their data as frequently through-out the day as they can. This isn't one of those sites where three days (or three weeks) after the shoot you finally see the scores and the winners. No, you will see this data at the same time as everybody who is running the shoot sees it.

This is a big step. As I said, David has been instrumental in getting us this far. And we have plans to make this even better next year.

So, if you can get to one of the Zone sites this weekend, please do.

The 2010 shoot sites are:

Chugiak, AK (in conjunction with the Alaska State Shoot)

Edmonton, AB, CAN

Garden Canyon, Sierra Vista, AZ

Triple B, El Monte , CA

Coon Creek, Lincoln, CA

Bend, OR (in conjunction with the Oregon State Shoot)

Anaconda, MT

Spokane, WA

Vernal, UT

Scott Hoover

ATA Delegate, Utah

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

One other thing to keep in mind, three of the sites (Anaconda, Chugiak, and Edmonton) don't shoot "Event 3" until Saturday afternoon. So scores for shooters at those sites, obviously, won't be available until then and the HOA listing will not be complete until then.

5. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Completion of Event 6 was delayed due to weather (lightning) at our Arizona site, so they will be completing that this morning.

Other than that, everything looks to be running smoothly.

One of the things that is available to each site is a scrolling, Zone-wide, real-time leader board. As data is uploaded to the web site, the leader board is updated. This single item has made this shoot seem like one big shoot, rather than nine little shoots.

There's still time to get to the site nearest you and participate in the Championship events.

6. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

As mentioned this is not possible without David's hard work. It has been great to watch the scores come in. Also discovered while we were at dinner we started the scrolling leader board link using an Iphone. Great job David.

James Hammond

7. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

The next innovation based on this technology will be to collect scores at ALL registered shoots and provide instant records of all shooters and their averages/class/handicap.

Some organization will pick-up on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.