1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Western Zone Observations

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pocatello, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Please note that these are observations from afar. I had intended to shoot the final day at Bend, but family obligations interferred.

First, from an observers standpoint, the web-based scoring system seemed to work very well. In the past my club had hosted a site when the scores were relayed by fax, and the whole process was so frustrating that we declined to continue. We had shooters bank hundreds of targets more than necessary, and others give up and go home, because it was impossible to get results in a timely manner. This time being able to see a live leaderboard on the web was like a dream come true. Great job David and all those others who worked to make the dream a reality!

Second it seems that Anaconda, Vernal, and Bend were the places to be to win a trophy. Vernal and Anaconda I expected, but I'm glad to see Bend do so well. I drove by the club Saturday on the way to a family vacation near Sisters, and there seemed to be a respectable crowd in their parking lot. Their number of AA points earned per shooter was second only to Vernal.

Anaconda led in the number of shooters, and did very well in trophies won. Triple B was second in the number of shooters. I wonder how many of those were CGSTA Board members, and how many of those Board members, if any, shot out of state.

Again, congratulations to all who helped to put on this shoot. It seemed to go very well - a model of how a telephonic shoot should be run.

2. Roc'n C

Roc'n C TS Member

I for one would like to says many thanks to the folks in Anaconda, we were welcomed from the moment we walked in the doors, even being hand set targets, they were very good targets,and a great background to shoot on, met many new friends there and hope to see them soon,
    Chuck

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

We have now resolved all the trophies. The winners are listed at the link above. Congratulations to all the winners, and thanks to all the attendees.

I'd also like to thank all of the site team members for their dedication to making this a very enjoyable shoot. The web site ran very well. I've heard nothing but praise for David's efforts in making this work.

If you weren't able to attend this year, please make plans to do so next year (July 14 - 17, 2011).

Scott Hoover

ATA Delegate, Utah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.