1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Western Zone Attendance

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pocatello, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

How was the attendance at your site today? At Pocatello it was fairly sparse, with about 35 shooters for each of the three events. There were three 100s in singles, and multiple 97s topped each of the two handicaps, almost all from 27 yards.

2. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Dear Pocatello - The Western zone appears to be being held at far to many clubs. Only seems too degrade the importance of value of this once great shoot. As it once was it should and/or be a great shoot. - Jim

3. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

I wonder what the attendance is like at Redlands, since it's the only venue in California and/or Nevada. Sure wish I was there...

4. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Jim, if you cut the number of clubs you increase the distance people must travel to shoot. As it is, the minimum distance between any two must be over 300 miles.

Our attendance was up a little today, with about 45 in the doubles and 56 in the singles and handicap. The zone-wide scores have been very slow in coming in.

Conditions here were hot and windy, especially late in the day.

5. Vickie

Vickie Member

Today at Redlands:

Doubles Class Championship 64 shooters

Class AAA - Ron Christensen 99

Class AA - Tom Larkin, John Carmadella, Richard Neese 99's

Class A - Bill Blankenship 98

Class B - Billy Johnson 97

Class C - Logan Mountain 95

Class D - Don Johnson 90

Hi Lady - Leah Larkin Dixon 97

Hi Vet - Tom Larkin 99

Hi Sr. Vet - Richard Neese 99

Hi Jr. - Kambra Brawner 96

Hi Sub Jr - Logan Mountain 95

SINGLES CLASS CHAMPIONSHIP 86 Shooters

AAA - 100's Steve Williamson, Tony Benigno, Tim Robb, Wynn Isom, Ron Christensen, Jalal Abtahi

AA - 100's David Siegler, Vickie Craine, Walt Hastings, Helen Lemich, Mike Gebhardt, Jessica Anderson, Gene Crawford, Samuel Johnson, De Savage

A - 99 Jerry Callaway

B - 99's Gary Wehrkamp, Dan Fowler

C - 98's Jan Slough, Fred Berson, John Malcom

D- 97 - Celeste Robb

Lady - 100's Vickie Craine, Jessica Anderson, Helen Lemich

Hi Jr. De Savage 100

Hi Sub JR. 96 - Logan Mountain

Hi Vet 100 Mike Gebhardt

Hi Sr. Vet 100's Sam Johnson, Jalal Abtahi

Class Day Handicap 85 shooters

100 - Wynn Ison

99's Martin McDorman, Tim Robb

98's Tom Larkin, Mike Gebhardt, Larry Premo, Leah Larkin Dixon

Hi Lady Leah Larkin Dixon 98

Hi Vet Mike Gebhardt, Tom Larkin 98's

Hi Sr. Vet Richard Neese 95

Hi Jr. Kambra Brawner 97

Hi Sub Jr. Logan Mountain 93

6. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Thank you Vickie for posting the results...good shooting!

7. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

After reading Vickie's results, I thought of trying to reconstruct Pocatello's, then thought to myself "Hey, I've got the backup files from ours on my jump drive - I'll just open them up and post all the results too!". So I go to restore the backup files, and it turns out there is nothing there! I had been plugging in the jump drive to the port on my monitor, because another gal running the computers had said it would work. I guess she was wrong. So first thing tomorrow I will plug it right into the port on the front of the computer and do a backup again, to make sure things are really saved. So thanks, Vickie, for saving me from a potential disaster!

On our results, I don't remember many, but Linda Gibson did win the Lady's Doubles Zone -wide with a lone 98. Ted Schlecht was high at our place with a lone 99. In singles, Steve Taylor and Randy Corder posted 100s, Steve in AAA, Randy in AA. Shawn Cahoon won Sub Junior with a 99. Shawn also reached the 27 yard line yesterday, I think with a 97. In handicap today Chad Sorensen posted a lone 98 in the wind.

8. tjwatc

tjwatc TS Member

From Spokane, my guess is the following for Friday and about the same for Thursday, may a bit less on Thursday.

Doubles (8 or 9 squads) Top overall score was 99
    Singles (13 or 14 squads) Top overall score was 100 (#??)
    Handicap (14 or 15 squads) Top overall scores were (3)98's

Weather has been beautiful, slight wind and warm... Great shooting conditions.

9. Vickie

Vickie Member

Browning4me, I'm not the Vickie that is doing all the good shooting. Wish I was. But thanks anyway. Maybe tomorrow.

Vickie L.

10. Nitro Power

Nitro Power TS Member

Anyone hear from Anaconda or Medford on results and attendance? Who has won Zone-Wide so far. Championship events only from here on out I think.

Nitro

11. Vickie

Vickie Member

Nitro, The only events that have had zone wide trophies were yesterdays. I do know that Jerry Parr was in Medford and broke one of the only 2 100's zone wide, to take AAA. There was one other, but I don't remember where or who (Sorry). The rest of the Classes will be carried over until today's singles and tomorrows doubles.

The handicap (as of last night, there was a storm in Anaconda, and they had not finished when we closed the doors) But the last results, were Wynn Isom at Redlands with 100. Tim Robb and Martin McDermott had 99's, and Mattison also had a 99, I think there were 4, but I cannot remember who it was. I think they still needed to bank targets this morning and have not heard.

When we get the results, if no one else has posted, I will put them on. I believe the Zone wide trophies on the handicap were 1st thru 6 th place.

Vickie

12. Vickie

Vickie Member

Jerry Parr was one of the 99's in yesterday's handicap. Sorry Jerry!

Vickie

13. Vickie

Vickie Member

Wynn Isom won the Western Zone Singles Champion 200 in the program and 374 in the shoot off. This 200 also completed his Grand Slam! Congratulations Wynn! Art Peyton was RU with 373 in shoot off. Betty Sackett was the Lady Champion with 200. Vince McNamara was Veteran Champion with 200 and Jalal Abtahi won Sr. Vet Champion with 200. Great shooting to all!

Vickie

14. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Alaska's attendance is WAY up...we're 5,000 targets ahead of last years pace....with over 25 out of staters from Vermont, Iowa, Colorado, Kentucky, Missouri, Idaho, Wisconsin and Arizona, just to name a few.

Results soon...but as president of Alaska, I'm damn happy.

15. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

We all watched Art run his incredible run of 350 straight in not so good light, due to the power outage. Since the Handicap didn't finish on Friday, it took almost an extra two hours to finish up and get going on the singles. The weather was breezy most of the day, even when Art and the rest went out to start banking.
    Light was almost gone when he finally missed. I felt sorry the he was placed in this position.

After he missed they wanted us to go out and shootoff for long Handicap from the day before. Fat chance. No light and 27 yards makes for tough conditions. I wish we had known a bit earlier.....

We were at Anaconda and they were at around 13 and 14 squads most of the weekend. There was lots of extra cash given out for the good shooters in handicap

All in all, I would say the folks there had a great time. Most will be back next year.

Shoot em all.....Rickyd

16. TrapMan3

TrapMan3 TS Member

Spokane Gun Club, Greenacres, Wa

I was only able to shoot in the handicap today. There were 16 squads and things went pretty quickly.

There were 11 squads in the doubles this morning. I wasn't there for the doubles.

I came in with a 95 and there were two 98s posted when I finished so I was off before all the scores were in.

Carl Stearns
    http://trapsites.com/trapman

17. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Pocatello's numbers were down from last year, with 491 total in the nine events. The way things are looking now, we probably will let someone else take a turn at hosting next year. It was incredibly frustrating, both for those running the shoot and for the shooters, trying to figure out results using the system now in place. We would fax in our results promptly as the event was finished, then wait for hours to find out what was happening. Then several times we would find some of our shooters not listed, especially in the HOA compilations. Part of it is understandable with a shoot occurring over many sites and three time zones, but there must be a better way. My club currently does not have internet connection, but it would not be a big deal to get it. I suspect all of the clubs use some program to run the shoot - we use George Cook's 3S program. Couldn't there be a way to email the file of the event scores as soon as the event is done, compile them together, then email back out the results list for shootoffs as soon as the event is done? Also could we not standardize daily starting times so the eastern clubs are not waiting hours for California to get done?

18. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Jim Edwards....check the CGSTA website...all the Redlands results are on there!

19. Vickie

Vickie Member

Pocatello, I agree, there has got to be an easier way and the internet would be the answer. I am sure there has got to be someone with a laptop that has a card for internet service at your club. I worked the fax machine at Redlands, and believe me, we were not late getting our results in. I would say we were done shooting by 3 yesterday at the latest. We got the scores in as soon as the events were over, and we waited. In fact, we waited 2 days to find out that the 98's in Friday's handicap in Anaconda, had decided not to bank targets. We were told Friday night to start banking our 98's. I know they had weather related electrical problems on Friday, but we did not find out until Sunday morning that their 98's had forfeited.

I understand that it is an almost impossible job to coordinate the scores and results from 10 clubs in a timely manner, but I am sure that the hooking up to the internet would be the answer. Maybe even our David here at ts.com would have some ideas.

As far as keeping the shoot telephonic, I really think it is a great idea. We have a big area to cover in the Western Zone, and if having small shoots at 10 different clubs is the answer to get more people to participate, then that is what we must do. We just need to get our minds working together to improve the communication to and with each site.

I think everyone did a great job (it is much better than years ago when all we had was telephone communications and no faxes) and I thank Allan Radway for handling the main communication center.

Vickie

20. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I could not stay for the final results in Edmonton but White Rattler, aka Trevor Dawe pretty much cleaned up on the local trophies for the shoot and his 100 straight in Sunday's Doubles was indeed impressive. Congrats also to Alberta shooters Martin LeCuyer for AAA Singles and Art Peyton for RU in the Singles Championship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.