1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Western Zone at Pocatello Trap Club

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Pocatello, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Click the link above for the program.

We expect to have a good time and some great scores shot. Come join us at one of the friendliest clubs in the west.

2. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Take a look.

3. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Up again.

4. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

and again.

5. Ljutic Guy

Ljutic Guy Member

Hi Larry,
    Adam Massey and myself are planning to come up and shoot on Fri, Sat and Sun. Is there a way we can pre squad?
    John ernst

6. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Hi John. Steve Eichenberger is cashiering, and I don't think the program was out early enough for him to be presquadding. What posts do you like, and what yardage? Approximately when would you like to shoot (early - middle - late)? I'll make sure you are in from Friday morning on.

7. Ljutic Guy

Ljutic Guy Member

Hi Larry,
    Thanks for the reply and help.
    Adam and myself are both 27 yard handicap.
    I like post 4 and Adam likes post 5.
    As for times to shoot, please do the best you can as follows:
    Friday, Doubles - Late; Singles - Middle; HCap - Middle.
    Saturday, Singles - Middle
    Sunday, Doubles - late, and HCap - middle.
    We are both looking forward to shooting at your club.
    Could you also order some cool weather with no wind!
    Thanks again,
    John and Adam.

8. Ljutic Guy

Ljutic Guy Member

9. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

John, I'll do my best. Gary, thanks for the vote of confidence.

Larry Ford

10. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Up again

11. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Registration starts Wednesday.

12. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

13. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Well, the first day is in the books. We had about ten squads, but expect more to be arriving tomorrow. John and Adam, Steve Eichenberger put you on squad 13 all the way through, with Chad Sorensen on post 2, and Jeremie Summers joining you on post 3 for Sunday only.

The weather was hot today, with light winds and good visibility. I'm sorry I don't have all the scores with me. In the singles Mike Stears and Jim Maughan ran them in AAA, as did Tracy Dursteler and Joe Hollifield in AA. Desiree Dursteler and I had 99 in A, with Desiree opting for the Lady trophy, leaving yours truly the class trophy. I'm sorry but I don't have the other class and category results with me. In the first handicap Desiree took the long yardage trophy and earned her way to the 27 with a 98. There was a 98 in short yardage, about three 97s, and about half a dozen 96s that got punched. In the second handicap there were about three 98s, several 97s, and a whole bunch of 96s - I heard there were 27 punches earned on the second handicap. My squad had Steve Taylor on post 1 with 97, Desiree on #2 with 94, Tracy on #3 with 96, Ted Schlecht on #4 with 97, and me on #5 with 96.

If you are wihin reasonable distance think about joining us for some more good shooting tomorrow and the weekend. Good food, nice trophies, great atrgets, and a draw score prize on every 100.

14. kolarkim

kolarkim Member

Pocatello
    I was thinking of coming up there on sunday any "ideas" on how many squads you will have. I will need a 27 yard squad and would like to shoot fairly early if possible as it will be a long trip back home. thanks Kim

15. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I should know better tomorrow or Saturday for sure. Check back tomorrow for an update.

16. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Larry,

Give Desiree a hug from me for making the 27....what a gal.

And tell Ted, he's my hero..LOL

Rickyd

17. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Larry - any idea how we find out the zone scores as well? Congrat's on your scores and wins.

18. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I don't know of a website where the scores are being posted. Scores between clubs are being handled by fax to Alberta, with the communication being sporadic at times. Top scores from today's singles and doubles will be carried over to the respective championship events. Today's handicap was supposed to be shot off at the end of the day, but by the time the scores were sent many shooters had gone home, and I expect the shoot-offs will be done in the morning.

Shooters at Pocatello continue to do well. In the doubles, four of the six classes will have Pocatello winners, and in AAA two Pocatello shooters will face off against one from Alberta after 100 straights (one was Stu Welton). In the singles Lloyde Herbst won C outright with 99, and Dee Cahoon took D with 98. Both are from Pocatello. AAA has a plurality of 100 straights from Pocatello, including Mike Stears, Stu Welton, and Mike Rinard, and AA also including Tracy Dursteler. In the handicap Chad Sorensen tied a junior from Reno at 99. We also had seven at 98 and six at 97.

The weather remains hot but with great target visibility. The wind stayed light until after the shooting was done, when it picked up considerably as Chad banked his handicap targets. He broke 25-24-22. We have not heard how the Reno shooter did. From what we saw, Pocatello had more 98s than the rest of the zone combined.

Kim, I got you squadded on squad 7 for doubles and #8 for handicap Sunday, post 2 on both. We've been starting four squads so you will be out on the second wave on both. If you decide not to come, let me know here by tomorrow night so I can get the posts released.

19. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I forgot to mention attendance. Again I apologize for not having the figures home with me.

Salt lake was running the largest in the Zone, with Pocatello and Spokane running slightly behind and neck-and-neck. The other sites were quite smaller. I'll try to remember to bring home more details on everything tomorrow.

20. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Today was the singles championship, and again communications were very sporadic. There was one 200x200 at Spokane, by (?) Adams, the same guy who broke 100x100 from 27 at Vernal last month in the big handicap there. There may have been one at Casper, but again communications were sporadic. We had several 199s at Pocatello - Mike Stears, Ron Wilson, Stu Welton, all in AAA, Randy Corder in AA, Desiree Dursteler (Lady) in A. In the shootoff Welton went 150 straight and then had to leave to get some things done. Corder went 225/24, Dursteler went 50/23, and Stears beat Wilson 500 to 475/24. Joe Sudbury at Salt Lake City had 199 and 150 extra, but we have not heard much from elsewhere.

In Friday's handicap Chad Sorensen's 99/25/24/24 at Pocatello stood up for first. We heard the junior from Reno opted for the Junior trophy rather than second, so Mike Leshko takes second with 98/25/24, Mike Stears takes third with 98/25/23, Randy Corder fourth with 24/24/25, and Walter Hudson is still contending for fifth/sixth with a Spokane shooter after 98/24/24/23/24. Hudson continued on with 24/25, but we don't know what the Spokane shooter has done. Anyway Pocatello shooters will take first through fourth and one of fifth or sixth.

All of the sites picked up in attendance today, just what one would expect on the weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.