1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Western Wobble Trap Value

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by joshif, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshif

joshif TS Member

A club I shoot at has one that they don't use very often. It works and runs fine. They would like to sell it. What is the going price and are they wanted at all?

2. traploader

traploader Member

Yes, they're desirable. Don't give it away. In good shape they're worth upto a $1000. Nows there's a conversion that converts them to automatic singles and doubles for ATA practise. There's also an carousel that holds 270 targets.
    I've also designed a wobble conversion kit that turns any regular V1524 into a wobble trap. Where are you located?

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

If it is the hand-set model, V1529 (a V1524 with vertical motor), it is likely worth around $200-$350.

If it is the carousel model, and depending upon the exact model, V1577 or V1583, the latter in great used working condition is worth at least the $1,000 mentioned above.

The retro-fit unit by the Canadian outfit will work only on the V1524 and V1579 models.

[​IMG]

Whiz White<BR>
    Winchester-Western Trap & Skeet Machine & Parts Distributor

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

Mr White ... are parts still readily available for all the older Winchester-Western machines? I recently heard that and I'm not sure exactly who it was thought but whoever it was making or stocking replacement parts for the older Winchester-Western machines was gone along with replacement parts for the older machines.

Any truth in that at all or are parts still readily available for Winchester-Western machines ... not only the Wobbly Traps but also the old 1 stack skeet machines as well.

5. traploader

traploader Member

Parts are still available. You can contact me to place your order.

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Parts are here in Rapid City SD at H-S Precision.

H-S is selling the entire inventory, as well as the Winchester jigs, etc. to make the parts.

I expect the inventory to stay here in Rapid City with someone closely involved with the company. Can't say much more than that at this point.

They, H-S, notified all distributors that the division was for sale and would expect to be so by the end of the year.

Tommy, the President, and a close friend wanted me to take it over, but I have retired from most responsibilities and not sure my son is interested or I would.

Almost 100% of all the parts for the V1524, V1574, V1579, V1577, V1582 and V1583 machines are available here at the factory.

Whiz White<BR>
    S&W Supply Company<BR>
    Midwest Distributor for Winchester-Western Trap & Skeet Products

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

v1582 trap

v1583 winchester wobble

winchester wobble trap