1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Western/Wichester Shotgun Shells AA - How'd I do?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Catching Chrome, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Western/Wichester Shotgun Shells AA - How

I just picked up 22 boxes of Winchester AA Trap Shells (7.5 shot), 8 boxes of new Winchester Universal 8 shot and 8 boxes of federal. Thats 38 boxes. They are all factory loads NIB, however about 12 boxes of AA's are from the early 80's In addtion the guy I got them from threw in 3 videos, a Bob Allen shooting vest, a bob allen shel bag and a browning saddle bag. Also a pack of deer chops from a fresh kill this week. Total Price for the package. $150. Hopefully they'll fire!

2. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

That averages 3.94 per box with all the other stuff free----you stole that stuff!!! They will all fire without problems. A couple of years ago I shot some AA's from the 80's that all had been wet and then frozen for a while--then dried out in the sun for days. Everyone fired although many of the brass rims were cracked and falling apart.

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I'm quite confident that they will fire, as I have shot some that old & older. Just be SURE to check your barrel after each shot. ENJOY, Ross

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I've shot some of my old reloads from the late 60's and 70's. No problems at all. If mine worked, I'm sure the factory stuff would, if stored properly.

5. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I've shot 40 year old shells with no problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.