1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Western V1574 skeet machines

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jbwco1, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbwco1

jbwco1 TS Member

I recently aquired a pair of old Western Skeet throwers. Is there anyone in Colorado (Denver area) that works on them?

Brian

2. traploader

traploader Member

I work on them and manufacture this conversion kit to replace the single stack to hold over 500 targets. Kit sells for $995. Have parts for your machines and the manuals on my website.

Ian Brotherston Western Retro Products Ltd.

3. jbwco1

jbwco1 TS Member

I need a motor for one of these machines. It has a emerson motor on it, is there an dayton motor or some off the shelf motor that bolt up?

I like your conversion, any 4H price discount?
    Brian Willard, 4H Shooting Instructor

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

That's per machine, I assume Ian?

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I would think W.W. Grainger would have one. I used to get complete motor and gear boxes for Remington traps from them.

this is a simple motor, should not be a problem.

Someone else should have done this, but if you don't get info here take down everything on the plate, and go to the counter monkey at Grainger for help.

HM

6. traploader

traploader Member

The motor frame is 1/2" shorter than a true frame 56. The body of the motor is also quite short. On the first version machines the castings are different and can present a problem fitting a motor. We've used 6 pole motors with a cradle frame with some success (aka. without grinding the case). The newer versions don't have the same clearance issues. You can take a motor off a Winchester Western trap machine if you have access to one.

The SkeetLoader SL500 conversion I manufacture sells for $995 per machine. I'll provide a 4H discount. Call me for details.

Ian Brotherston Western Retro Products Ltd. Tel: 250-216-8937

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
western skeet machine
western skeet machine for sale

western skeet machines

western skeet trap machines
western trap thrower
winchester 1574 thrower
winchester western skeet machines
winchester western trap problems manual