1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Western Union???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by luvtrapguns, Dec 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Just curious. What is it about requesting funds by Western Union that makes it any more hazardous than sending a check or M/O to an unknown seller. Thanks, Marc

2. UtahYork

UtahYork Member

One reason is no mail fraud. It's usually a red flag when someone wants payment by Western Union, Fed Ex,...

3. warren

warren Member

I agree with York red flag. You deposit the cash at your western union office and the seller picks it up at his minus a large charge, but it's his cash then with no recourse from you.

warren

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

If someone wants paid by Western Union, its a "deal" breaker at my end of any transaction.

If the seller won't accept a bank check or my personal check, they don't need my money.

5. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

IF the seller will give you an inspection period BEFORE you send any money I might consider Western Union. Don't hold your breath. Ross Puls

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

One can say they are in Dearborn, MI, but can pick up funds ANYWHERE. No recourse, and in a best case you pay a large fee.

7. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

NEVER, never, never ear BUY anything and pay via Western Union. It's like sending cash; once received you have absolutely no recourse should the seller fail to ship the goods. You'd be slightly better off doing a COD, but one could ship a brick.

If the seller has already shipped the goods to you without payment and then accepts W/E as a means for payment, then I suspect that would be OK, any other scenario and I run.

WW

8. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Western Union is stone age, it went out with white bucks and saddle shoes. Forget it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.