1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

western union transfer

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jeffprigge, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

someone enlighten me on how western union money transfer works. someone over seas is buying something from me and wants to send the payment this way. i already have a locotion for western onion if thats makes a difference or not.

thanks

2. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

ONE WORD OF ADVICE:

Guns America, Gunbroker and other such sites are used by scammers and somehow they use Western Union Money Orders, if that something you are selling happens to be a firearm you know that BATF rules apply, it is not out of the ordinary that the "buyer" offers to pay more than what you are asking for and say that an associate will pick up the gun. It’s just a variation of the old Nigerian Scam. They also used fake or stolen checks.

Regards,

Berettaman7

3. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

well i could have elaberated more , it's for payment on an ebay sale of just parts

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

The only thing bad about recieving Money orders is that you need to wait for them to clear sometimes 3-4 weeks. There are alot of bad ones. I only take Postal money orders that I can cash at the P.O. Maybe Western Union will cash them? I would take it and verify it then wait for the cash.They can be canceled. Jeff

5. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

The rates at Western Union used to be 25%. I don't understand why anybody would pay that much to transfer money. Larry

6. southpark

southpark TS Member

I would contact Western Union and get confirmation, in writing, about how and when a Western Union money order can be cancelled.

And then I would wait until that time has passed and confirm with both the bank, and Western Union, that you have the money and it cannot be taken away before I shipped any parts, or anything else, to some dude over seas from an ebay transaction.

There are so many scams like this through ebay that I would automatically assume you are about to get ripped off.

7. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

As long as you don't ship the parts until the funds are paid to you by your Western Union local agent, I don't see any risk. What pat stated has been my experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to trap western union money