1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Western Union EFT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by EuroJoe, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Anyone ever use W.U. when buying anything on TS.com? Any assurance you get what you paid for? What recourse is available if you don't?

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

WU is used all the time by scammers, because once they pick up the money, they're in the wind. No more assurance that you'll get your product than if you sent them cash in the mail.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Listen to "skeet man" above.

I'd run from anybody requesting payment by Western Union. Run and don't look back.

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

NEVER, repeat NEVER use W/U for funds transfers for purchases.

As stated above it is used my scammers, and I happen to be one who was scammed out of several hundreds of dollars. Once you send money through W/U, it is irrevocable.

With PayPal, etc, it would be better to use it/them or a credit card. At least you have some leverage if things arrive in bad shape or never arrive.

I don't even know how W/U can even survive in today's markets.

WW

5. skeet_man

On the other hand, there is no risk to the SELLER to accept Western Union if the buyer is comfortable sending it, I had someone in Mexico pay me this way once, but then again, I've also had people send me cash in the mail.

The only way I would ever SEND WU to someone is if they are known to me.

Whiz- WU survives on foreign nationals sending money back home.

6. EuroJoe

Thanks, guys! I had a hunch & you answered my question!

7. whiz white

The RECEIVER is protected, because if he doesn't get the cash, then there's no deal.

On the otherhand, if the SENDER is expecting something in return for his transfer of funds via WU, and the receiver is dishonest, then you are screwed.

WW

8. Baber

Baber TS Member

This thread is giving me some concern. Just did a deal off this site for some components. Seller demanded WU. I did it and now I am waiting for the goods. Told the seller that if he scammed me I will figure a way to get even.

T

9. skeet_man

Hate to say it TBaber, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

10. EuroJoe

My scammer kept asking if I had sent the money! RED ALERT. When I insisted on a pic of the item, he went away!

11. whiz white

I guess if it needs to go cash, then ask to do a bank wire transfer. You aren't protected, but you can call that bank to verify the customer.

Back in college days when I had a drag racer I used to send cash all the time through W/U for racing parts. At that time that was the only way to get cash somewhere quickly. Now, I don't even think I could find a W/U place here.

A month or so ago while up in Minneapolis, I happened to notice a W/U sign on a window of some business. Frankly, that business was a dive and it just reemphasized my feelings about using W/U. There are just too many other valid ways to do business where you have some protections.

PayPal is my number one choice. If I have a problem, I call them and in 10 years or so, I have never been disappointed. They are extremely helpful and very personal to deal with.

TBABER: I certainly hope it works for you, because I am sure there are still good people out there who use W/U. For me, however, I not had good experience lately. One bad deal was in Germany too with W/U.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.