1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Western trap ??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by MGeslock, Jun 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

I have installed a Winchester Western trap machine model V1577A. This machine has been rebuilt and has set for several years.

I can not get it to power on. The plug on the machine has 3 pins. The only connectors that I have are 4 pins. They plug in fine. There is a notch that will only allow them to go in one way.

These plugs are left over from our skeet machines. Does any one have a wiring diagram (or experience) that shows the correct way to wire the machines? I have referred to the trouble shooting manual that Western produced.

I have made sure that there was power to the plug and the reset button on the motor has been pushed.

I have not ruled out that the switches in the control unit are bad. I wanted to make sure that the power in correct.

Thanks - - Mark Geslock

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The quick and dirty way out of your problem is to remove the mil spec connector and either hard wire a cord, or use a more easily available connector.

If it was me I would dig in my junk box for a couple of yellow wire nuts.

Diagrams are available, if you absolutely can't find one email me.

HM

3. trapdoctor

trapdoctor TS Member

Mark,

I sent you the PDF's of the electrical diagrams.

jim

4. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

Thanks Doc! Right on time!! It was good to see targets out of the house....Just a few more details and we should be up and running and throwing ATA targets!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trouble shooting western self loading trap

western trap