1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Western Trap Machine Problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Blakester, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

I need some help, My trap was working perfect Saturday used it all afternoon then went to use it Sunday evening and it would not throw a bird with the cord button I took a meter and checked the cord and the contacts in the button everything was working and the machine will throw a bird with the release in the trap house anyone that has any idea I would love to hear from you........ My e-mail is not working.... Thanks Everyone; Ricky

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Short across the plug in for the release cord with a jumper wire. If it fires here, the cord is bad.

3. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Interesting ... trap machine and e-mail not working ... hmmm, interesting, very interesting.

Try fixing your e-mail and see if the trap machine begins to throw again.

4. DONNE

DONNE Member

Check the solenoid and wiring under the nose of the machine . There is a latch that locks the arm in the cocked position until you trip the solenoid.

5. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

http://www.goldenwestind.com/manuals.htm

If a manual is what you need or want to look at to help ya trouble shoot a problem just jamb the above link and look at the bottom of the list for the machine you have.

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Chances are it has something to do with the upper release solenoid, part number X127A.

It would be interesting to know the machine's model: V1524/1579, V1577, V1582/1583????

If you remove the wire nuts to the relay (located under the front housing), and then CAREFULLY touch 110V to it, it should jump and NOT vibrate/oscillate. If either occur, then it needs replacing.

This is, of course, AFTER you've check the release switch on the cord. KISS - check the simple things first!

Ifsyour release switch in a long, narrow black rubberized housing or the newer yellow plastic housing?

Whiz White<BR>
    Midwestern W-W Trap & Skeet Distributor

7. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

I took that cover off the nose and pecked on the selanoid and then plugged the trap back up and it fired a bird just about took my head off I didn't even hit the button just turned it on ...... Ricky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

western trap machine problems