1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Western retro trap loader for winchester white fly

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dsmith, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsmith

dsmith TS Member

looking for information on users of this equipment, reliability, quality of tagets thrown etc.

2. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

I have had one of these machines for a little over a year now, I have the model that will throw 50 singles or 50 doubles.

Out of the box, the set up and installation was fairly straightforward and took less than 30 minutes......... However it didn't function reliably out of the box. I spent more of this last year adjusting and replacing bushings on this machine than I have shooting targets from it.

A week ago, I finally decided to that I needed to fix this machine so I could actually use it to practice regularly. So I diagnosed the problem as being too small of a bushing and had a friend at a machine shop make me some other size bushings. Alas I have finally solved the problem. Since the installation of the new bushing I have thrown about 6 cases and had maybe 6-10 failure to throws. Incidentally the correct size bushing can be purchased for about $3.50.

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another one of these machines now that I have finally got it working correctly. If you decide to get one, drop me an email and I will fill you in on what size bushing to purchase.

Mr. Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.