1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??? Western retro fit

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by pjb, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjb

pjb TS Member

Our club is considering buying one or two of these and I would
    like to hear from people who know if there is any problems or with
    this set up.They would only be used as back up machines a couple times
    a year and not as our primary target throwing machines.

Thanks
    Dave B

2. traploader

traploader Member

Hi Dave,

I make the TrapLoader conversion. I'd recommend you perform some routine maintenance on your traps prior to installation of the TrapLoader 270 conversion. Here's what I do when servicing the equipment.

1) Check the serial number on your trap. From this I can tell you the production date of your machine and get a handle on the age of the machine.

2) Lubrication - I have a diagram which shows the trap and its various lubrication points. Pay close attention to the snubber, case, sear, drive disc, solenoids and mainspring adjustment screw. Check for excessive oil leakage at the mainspring, worm thrust gear and snubber.

3) Set the trap for your field as per the owners manual (see our website for a copy) before installation of the TrapLoader. Start with height or elevation adjustment (30 feet out from the trap nine feet in the air). Then distance (50 yards) and approx 17 half turns once tight on the mainpsring adjustment screw for singles. Then level the target flight or curl out by adjusting the X180 finger backwards or forwards on the guide bar. Then adjust for windage (2 1/2 deg right or left per notch). Once your satisfied then mount the TrapLoader as per the installation guide on our website and the owners manual

4) Check the wiring and overall condition of the trap. Tighten any loose solenoid, guide bar machine screws. Run the machine and check for worn bushings, ratcheting of the carrier arm, double cycles, hesitation of the trap during oscillation or locking up once thrown. Check the cocking position of the throwing or carrier arm in relation to the finger on the guide bar. You may need to install the newer "S" shaped guide bar.

Hope this helps.

Ian Brotherston
    Western Retro Products

3. dednded

dednded TS Member

Dave,We are using two western retros and have been for 2 seasons.Great product and customer service is second to none.If you want to hand set doubles it's a 2 minute on and off for the carousel.Regards,Chris

4. traploader

traploader Member

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the kind words. I know you've been busy at the club getting it ready. Have a great '07 season and shoot well.

Ian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

western retro throwing arm adjustment

western retro trap