1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Western Question, "The Virginian" ???????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Charlie Becknell, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Western Question,

I have a question for you western fans. In the series, The Virginian, James Drury played the lead. I watched the show in reruns for years and never heard him ever called by name. They would refer to him as boss man, ramrod, foreman, etc. but never by name. If someone call give me the name I would really appreciate knowing this little bit of trivia.

Charlie

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Western Question,

If you've not read the Owen Wister book "The Virginian", find a copy. It's written with an eloquence that you will not find in writing today. And, of course, the book is much more in depth than a movie, or TV series, ever will be.

3. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Western Question,

As in the Owen Wister novel that the show was based on, his name is never used.

Eric

4. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Western Question,

Tron

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Western Question,

I remember once watching Forbidden Planet and suddenly realizing one of the crewmen was James Drury. He did work for Disney, and Disney subcontracted the special animation effects, such as the Monster from the Id attacking the ship, so his appearance in the film was probably not coincidental.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.