1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Western PA trap shooting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bkt514, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

In late April or early May (flexible dates), I plan on driving out into western PA, to visit my daughter at Duquense in Pittsburgh. Any suggestions for practice trap or an ATA shoot in that area?? Also, with PA being such a big state, do they have in-state "zone shoots"? Thanks in advance....Bruce

2. Grade VI

Grade VI Member

There are quite a few gun clubs within short driving distance. Clairton Sportsman Club is probably 10 to 15 minutes away. McKeesport Gun Club is probably about 20 to 25 minutes away. Also, close by is Pitcaron Sportsmans Club. (sp?) Do a "google" search of these three clubs and you will find out what days they shoot. There should also be a phone number to call and ask questions.

3. DaveXT

DaveXT Member

20 minutes north is Millvale Sportsman's Club. You can shoot there on Wednesdays (6:00-10pm) and Sundays (10:00am-12pm or so). They will have an ATA shoot on April 7, 21, May 5 and 19. They shoot handicap and doubles. No prizes, etc., just an opportunity to register birds. I usually shoot there both Sunday and Wednesday and can give you other info if needed. From Duquesne Univ. it will be a very easy drive up a major highway.

In the same area is North Side Sportman's Club. They shoot Sunday and another day (maybe Thursday?).

Don't know of any regional shoots going on as of now.

Dave

4. steele

steele TS Member

Bruce, Is she going to school at Duquesne U? Or does she live in the town of Duquesne? Two toally different places. How long do you plan on staying? You can shoot everynight somewhere near the Burg. Butch from Pgh

5. leadoff2

leadoff2 Member

Clairton Sportsmen's club is about 30 minutes from Downtown Pittsburgh. McKeesport Sportsmen's, to the best of my knowledge, does not shoot much trap anymore and Pitcairn is somewhat erratic in their schedule. There are other clubs close to downtown to shoot at and are listed on the ATA Website along woith their hours of operation. Register shoots are starting in Mid April at a lot of the clubs. As far as the zone shoot for Western Pa., that is not until Sept. 21st and 22nd. There are also Library Sportsmen's Club on route 88 in Library, Pa about 40 minutes from downtown and Elrama which is about 20 minutes from Library. Almost forgot about West Penn which is around Murrysville. Hope that gives you enough choices.

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

ACRC does shoot every weekend and on Thurs. morning for all us retired guys and Wed. eve, league and practice. Bulge.

7. revbook

revbook Member

Pitcairn Monroeville Sportsmans Club shoots public practice on Saturday mornings at 10 AM. Cost is $3.00 per round, same for members and non-members. Let me know if you can make it and your rounds are on me.
    Don in PA

8. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Thanks for the suggestions and input!! It was a bit cold shooting this AM here in New Hampshire, 12 shooters showed up at the club, and we all had fun with some windy targets. I was not lucky enough to get one of the Hams?...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

near pittsburgh pa sportsman club trap shooting schedule