1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Western NYS ATA Meeting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pjh, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjh

pjh Member

There will be a meeting at Hol-Field Rod & Gun club (Bloomfield NY) Monday October 12th at 7pm to review our local registered shoot dates.

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Does Hol-field throw registered targets?

3. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

See you Monday Pete, also yes they do ATA registered.

4. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

How much to join the club? I'm looking for a place to start shooting registered targets.

5. pjh

pjh Member

We have three registered shoots a year. The dues are $35 per year. Open shooting on Thursday nights. Next week is our fun shoot King of the Hill

4th Annual King of the Hill
    At
    Hol-Field Rod & Gun Club
    Bloomfield NY
    October 17th
    King of the Hill is a team challenge. Each shooter will shoot two rounds of Trap and two rounds of Skeet. The top 5 scores (out of a possible 100 targets) from each team will be added together and a champion will be named. Shooting begins at 10 am. Cut off will be at 12 noon. Fees are $20 per person
    This year the team can represent a club or be a mix. Each team can have more than 5 members and the top 5 scores will be added. Ties will go to the 6th score.
    The Kitchen will be open for lunch. See you there!!
    Feel free to contact me with any questions. Please let me know if you put a team together. Thanks
    Peter Hamann / peterh3200@yahoo.com

6. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

When are the registered shoots during the year? All during the summmer? $35 a year is cheap, I might have to consider joining.

7. pjh

pjh Member

during the 2009 season we had 2 shoots in May and one in July. I will have the 2010 dates after the meeting tonight. We had an ad in the center of the state program. check it out if you still have one. Thanks Peter

8. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Does Hol-field have a trap field for Handicap trap? If so how do I get an application to join?

9. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Rich,

To answer your question, YES Holfield does have a trap field with walkbacks for handicap events. I would suggest if you can, go over and visit them on Saturday October 17th for their King of the Hill shoot and meet some of the guys. Ask for Pete Hamann, Jimmy Rogers, or Scott Parker, and I'm sure any of these fellows will be more than glad to show you around. Nice bunch of guys are over at this active club...some pretty good shooters have been known to come out of there. Their is a group of them that meets most Thursday afternoons and shoot trap informally, singles and caps weather permitting, and they are always looking for others to join them. When I was still in NY, I did when time permitted and had a great time.

Go to: holfield.org for more information.

Good luck and welcome aboard, Dave in SC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.