1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Western Grand at Vernal

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Vernal Rod & Gun, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vernal Rod & Gun

Vernal Rod & Gun Active Member

Just wanted to give a great big thank you to all of you who came out to support the Western Grand at Vernal Rod and Gun. What a week... We had great weather and a great turn out for our first Sat Grand. For those who were not able to make it this year, please give us a try next year as we will be hosting the 2012 Western Grand.

Sean Hawley

2. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Great shoot, great targets, great fun! Best run club in the country!
    Barry Kemper

3. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Who won the Sunday Hdcp. See Leo and Gerry Williams each had a 98.

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Gerry won over Leo. Can't remember the S/O totals, but it didn't go long. A couple rounds at most, I think.

Sean won the Doubles Championship.

I'll get the Winners List posted as soon as possible. Hopefully sometime on Monday.

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

One of or maybe the best club in the country

6. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

I'd like to also thank each and every one who came out to help us welcome the Western Grand back to Utah. When the Western Grand was originally created it was based at the old Salt Lake Gun Club in North Salt Lake, Utah. It was nice to get it back to Utah where, hopefully, it will remain for many years to come.

I'd also like to thank David Van Elgort and Jeff Van Elgort for coming out and helping to keep things running. Their presence was instrumental in making this a very well run shoot.

Here are all the shooters that attended. Thanks again for coming out. Start making plans for next year. The 2012 Western Grand promises to be bigger and better than ever.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scott Hoover

ATA Delegate, Utah

7. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

Was a very nice shoot, but many big guns not there. Wonder why?

8. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

The complete Trophy Winners list is now available at the link above.

9. motowheelguy

motowheelguy TS Member

Mallard2,
    The good big guns were there.....the east coast big guns dont like to shoot out west where they can be beat by the ave joe.

Aaron Holguin

10. Fox32

Fox32 Member

I just noticed that there were no shooters from Ohio. Must be the location...(could'nt resist).

11. Vernal Rod & Gun

Vernal Rod & Gun Active Member

Usually, folks complain about the " Big Guns" being at a shoot... Hmm? We did have our fair share of All Americans and ATA Hall of Famers. Leo, Ray, Ricky, Gerry Williams, Jimmy Heller etc.

Scott, thanks for mentioning David and Jeff. They were my right and left hands during the shoot. From target setting to pulling. From trap mechanics to shoot off refs they really helped make the shoot run smoothly. So to both of them.... Thanks a bunch guys.

Hope to see even more folks next year!!

Shoot well and often!!
    Sean

12. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

First off thanks to Sean, Stacey, and their staff for a great shoot. Thanks to all of the Martins for there continued support.

California shooters had a great time and all of them can't wait until next year. For this being the first year at Vernal it is obvious the shoot has the potential to grow into something great.

James Hammond
    California Delegate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

vernal utah trap shoot western grand

vernal western grand
western grand trap shoot