1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WESTERN CANADIAN OPEN P.I.T.A.on presquad.com

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Toddy, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toddy

Toddy Member

Hello shooter's,

The 2008 WESTERN CANADIAN OPEN being held June 28th, 29th, 30th is now on Pre-squad.com @ http://www.presquad.com/DisplayShoot.asp?ShootID=500 so feel free to browse and comment positive thoughts.

NOTE: This shoot has PROVINCIAL STATUS towards making the P.I.T.A. All Star Teams.

Thank you, Reginald T. Todd Sr., East Sooke, BC

2. BrotherwolfCA

BrotherwolfCA TS Member

This is one of the reasons why British Columbia should not be allowed to hold the Canadian Trapshooting Association championships. Total disrespect for the CTA championships being held at the same time of the month. Just the name of the shoot causes my blood preasure to rise. You guys on Vancouver Island just don't get it!

3. Hooked

Hooked Member

Brotherwolfca,

I guess you should include Alberta in the list of provinces to exclude giving the CTA Championships too since in 2006, Calgary put up the Stampede Grand directly against the CTA Championships when they were in Vancouver.

Brian

4. Toddy

Toddy Member

to add to the previous response, when the Canadians were held in Vancouver, we changed our date to allow them room and I believe that we will do that again (maybe) when their held in Vancouver in future.

5. BrotherwolfCA

BrotherwolfCA TS Member

First, Hooked you must be from B.C. Secondly, the answer is no! Alberta is a great province and has always run a great CTA championship when it was awarded the shoot from the CTA. Thirdly, Toddy the CTA championships have always been held at the end of June or beginning of July as far back as I can recall. If you moved your shoot dates in 2006 why would you not move them again? The CTA championships are "National" not like your western canadian open "regional" PITA shoot. As for your response Toddy, Capital letter use on this forum indicate anger and hostility. I suggest you relax and enjoy the fact that you are out of touch with registered shooters from across this great nation.

6. Toddy

Toddy Member

Sorry for not answering sooner but I was at a monthly Club meeting doing work for my club but I must respond to your statement that our shoot is regional and point out that we get shooters from all down the west coast as far as California and even Idaho and again remind you that this is a P.I.T.A. sanctioned shoot, not that I have to explain myself but again point out that the 1st comment on this thread said feel free to submit "positive comments"

and as for the CAPS, I use them to point out various parts of the thread but I guess that went right over your head.

I don't want to encourage you to comment further but if you do, at least have the decency (sp) to sign your comments.....

Reg. Todd, East Sooke, BC

7. Toddy

Toddy Member

OH, I guess I didn't get my point accross for you to stop horning in on a perfectly good and informing thread but I did have my caps on for that thread, sorry, I will remove it.

Reg. Todd

8. BrotherwolfCA

BrotherwolfCA TS Member

Toddy, you still did not answer my question about why you would move your dates when the CTA championships are in B.C. but not when they are held in any other part of the country. Further more, I repeat, your shoot is a regional shoot not a national championship. Also, I printed a copy of your removed capitalized thread for future reference. Your hostility and anger against the CTA and ATA is very transparent. Your interest is only to promote a regional shoot not a National championship. Your removed "Capitalized" thread is proof of that.

9. Toddy

Toddy Member

BrotherwolfCA,

I want to thank you, not for trashing this thread and not signing your responses but for moving this thread to the top of the forum each time.

As for moving our shoot, P.I.T.A. not ATA, it is not up to me alone but rather our whole membership of our club and if my club decides that the moving of our dates is too much hassle as in the past, then so be it...end of discussion.

Your time could be spent wiser if you were to promote the CTA on this forum that is slowly sinking to the bottom and I myself may comment on them as I believe Ontario Gal and Florin are doing a fantastic job of promoting this shoot and it should always be in the forefront right up to shoot date.

MIA, the CTA is being held in Hamilton, not Toronto.

Reg. Todd

10. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I find it absolutely ridiculous that someone would complain that another shoot is being held 2500 miles and 3 time zones away from the CTA Shoot in Hamilton Ontario. With the current price of gasoline and ammo and motels only the rich and famous can afford the luxury of traveling a long distance to go to a shoot. Incidentally Calgary Alberta is at least 700 miles from Vancouver B.C. so what is the problem aside from the usual petty politics ??

11. white rattler

white rattler Member

To BrotherwolfCA, Toddy and Hooked (Brian) I do not see any conflict with holding a PITA shoot the same time that a ATA shoot is on. Even if it is an ATA shoot I do not see the problem. A country that is over 5000 kms coast to coast you cannot make people go to a shoot just because its the only one on that weekend. What would B.C. get for shooters at the Canadian, maybe 10? In Alberta we might send 15 people. On the other side of the coin its the July long weekend and the local shooters want to shoot and if they do not want to go to the Canadian they still have the right to hold a registered shoot at their local club.
    Brian, the reason Calgary held a shoot at the same time Vancouver held the Canadian was because the Canadian was a PITA shoot. In Alberta we shoot ATA, so I do not see a conflict.
    I wish Hamilton all the luck in the world on their up coming Canadian and I am sure they will pull a lot of shooters from south of the border.
    Trevor Dawe, former CTA delegate for Alberta and 20 year director (ongoing) of the Alberta Prov. Trapshooting Assoc., 15 year director (ongoing) of the Edmonton Gun Club. i.e. I know what our shooters want for Alberta shooting.

12. Toddy

Toddy Member

White Rattler,

Thank you Mr. Trevor Dawe for these wise words, I, and I'm sure many others agree totally.

Good Luck to you, Trevor and all the shooter's going to Hamilton, I know you will enjoy Hamilton Ontario, I was born 60 miles south of there in 41.

Reg. Todd Sr., East Sooke, BC

13. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Hey Trevor - since the motels are scarce in Missoula I will pitch my trusty pup tent on the club grounds and shoot on Friday and Saturday.

14. white rattler

white rattler Member

Miketmx, Good looking forward to buying you a beer. Trevor

15. Hooked

Hooked Member

Hi Trevor,

I hope all is well.

Sorry, I did not intend my prior post to be a slight against the Calgary Club or against any of the shooters/clubs in Alberta, rather it was to expose (and I think it did), the hypocrisy of BrotherwolfCA's outlook on this whole topic.

BrotherwolfCA had a problem with Vancouver Island throwing a shoot against the Canadians, but had no problem with Calgary having done the same thing in '06.

I didn't and still don't have any issues with a shoot sharing the same date as another when they really don't compete on account of geography.

Take care & best regards,

Brian

16. Toddy

Toddy Member

To get back to the original thread topic,

The Western Canadian Open Trapshooting Championships is a P.I.T.A. sanctioned shoot and has "PROVINCIAL STATUS" with scores being credited to the P.I.T.A. AllStar Teams and is NOT a REGIONAL shoot but the same as the Provincial or State shoots.

If anyone outside BC would like a program, please send email.

Reginald T. Todd Sr., East Sooke, BC

17. ontariogal

ontariogal Member

Thanks Mr. Todd for your kind words and support. Sorry we won't be seeing you at the 2008 Canadian. Hope to make your tournament sometime in the future!

Best to you and all our Western Canadian trapshooting family,
    b.

Barbara Sheldon

Producer/Director of Marketing and Promotion

The 2008 Canadian

18. Toddy

Toddy Member

Thanks Barbara,

I checked out the website you posted and remain amazed at the professional way in which the webpages are posted but also the way you are promoting the 2008 Canadians, it is people like yourself that make these shoots a success.

I would love to be there and be on a squad with the 2 Bill's that I know (Beretta687eell & 2 Dogs) but that will have to be another time.

Again, goodluck to all.

Reg. Todd

19. ontariogal

ontariogal Member

Thanks Mr. Todd - by the way, Billy Malcolm is my squadmate and we would welcome you anytime!

In the meantime, please check your private messages for I have sent you one.

b.

20. Toddy

Toddy Member

Lynn,

I will get an invitation to the shoot in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.