1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Western Canadian Open P.I.T.A. on presquad.co

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Toddy, Jun 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toddy

Toddy Member

Thanks for looking,

The 35th Western Canadian Open P.I.T.A. shoot, (provincial status) is on Presquad.com and the shoot is 600 registered targets running 200 a day starting June 29, 30th, and July 1st at the South Vancouver Island Rangers on Luxton Rd. in Langford, just outside of Victoria BC.

For a copy of the program go to webpage http://www.shootpita.com/clubs/svir

Daro Handy will be holding a clinic there before the shoot to all who are interested.

Any questions, feel free to email me at toddrf@shaw.ca.

Reginald T. Todd Sr., East Sooke, BC

2. Toddy

Toddy Member

Info....

It would be a great trip if people coming from the mainland took the ferry to Nanaimo and did the Nanaimo Summer Classic June 23-24th and then travelled down Island and do the 35th Western Canadian Open the following weekend June 29-July 1st.

http://www.presquad.com/DisplayShoot.asp?ShootID=335

We will have people from all over Vancouver Island, the mainland and the US and every so often we get an Alberta shooter in there.

Hope to see a lot of you there.

Reg.T., ES,BC

3. bobbie13

bobbie13 TS Member

hey reg...

Thanx for the plug here...I imagine you will have your shooting vests setup for sale at our shoot again this year?

here are some more details on our shoot for those that are attending it...

Campers are welcome, limited power hook ups..Most Campers start showing up around Wednesday on...As there is limited power and no water hook ups we do not charge for the stay...
    Friday there will be a practice from noon on..Fridays dinner is a Chinese Food Smorgasborg and is $15 a head..
    Saturday is a Pot-Luck dinner, with seafood being served as the main course. BBQ'd Salmon, Oysters, Crab and Prawns...
    Saturdays trophy winners will be awarded their prizes prior to dinner, Calcutta will also be held prior to dinner...
    Campers are welcome to stay after the end of our shoot, as most are attending the Western's following this shoot...
    Reg, maybe you can let us know when the campers can come down to setup camp for your Western's and the details of the cost for camping as well...
    Looking forward to seeing everyone again
    Roberta

4. Toddy

Toddy Member

Thanks Roberta,

The Rangers have hook-ups with electricity and water for 24 units and this is the 1st year that we will be charging a modest fee of $20.00 for the 3 day event and I expect to have the property available for Wednesday June 27th.

R.T.,ES,BC

5. bullytou

bullytou TS Member

6. bobbie13

bobbie13 TS Member

The Nanaimo June shoot is available for presquading in presquad.com as well...for a program of our shoot please email rdenton@shaw.ca
    Roberta

7. Toddy

Toddy Member

Info only,

there are now 11 full squads signed up on presquad.com

this will be a great shoot.

I would have liked to see Two Dawgs again and Bill Malcolm out here shooting P.I.T.A. targets.....

Reg. Todd, ES, BC

8. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I'd love to come to BC and do some shooting Reg. The wife and I have some great friends out there. The year she was a National President of the Kinsmen and Kinette Clubs of Canada, the National Convention was in Penticton. A lot of great memories there. I hope an opportunity presents itself in the not too distant future.

Of course you know, you are welcome to come shoot ATA targets with Two Dogs and myself here in Ontario. Bill Malcolm

9. Toddy

Toddy Member

we now have 58 people signed up and expect 20 some odd more....

Reg.T.

10. Toddy

Toddy Member

20 more days......

11. BrotherwolfCA

BrotherwolfCA TS Member

Could you please tell me when this shoot was held last year and the year before? I don't recall hearing about this shoot before on this website. Any information provided to my question would be appreciated.

12. Toddy

Toddy Member

BrotherwolfCa,

This shoot will be the 35th Annual and has always been held on Canada day weekend with the exception of the last 2 times that the ATA has held the Canadians in Vancouver in which we gracefully gave up our normal weekend to allow the ATA to hold their shoot, (Canadians)in Vancouver.
    EI: last year we held our Annual Western Canadians the previous weekend, (june 23,24,& 25th so the ATA would not conflict with our shoot and even though the shoot in Vancouver was run by P.I.T.A., it was also the ATA Canadians.

We do not have any ATA registered shooting on Vancouver Island with the exception of cross registering that we have done in the near past "but", that option is not offered this year in our shoot.

I hope that you have checked out our webpage and feel free to email me if you have any further questions and we would like to see more shooters from south of the border....we have 3 signed up so far but in the past we've had as many as 12 from the USA and would like to see our long aquaintances again.

Hope this info helps:

Reginald T. Todd Sr., East Sooke, BC

13. Toddy

Toddy Member

Also forgot to add that a couple of shooter's from Alberta has attended many past WCO's.

14. Toddy

Toddy Member

61 presquadded and counting.....

15. Toddy

Toddy Member

10 more days.....

16. Toddy

Toddy Member

7 more days to register.....

17. bullytou

bullytou TS Member

This is a great shoot run by great people that I look forward to every year(and I'm not just saying that 'cause Toddy is my Dad!)

The Rangers put on one of the best, if not THE best calcutta dinners anywhere.

It's a great little circuit to run if you want to take some holidays and visit Vancouver Island. Hit Nanaimo on June 22-23(also a fabulously run shoot by George and Roberta Denton and their clan), then tool around the island until the 29th for the Western Canadians.

Both clubs have RV hookups and the Rangers have showers. I usually bring my motorhome to both shoots even though I only live about 10 minutes away from SVIR.

The hospitality at both clubs can't be beat.

Hope to see lots of old friends there (and maybe a few new ones!)

Krista

18. bullytou

bullytou TS Member

Probably should have got the dates for Nanaimo right. The Nanaimo shoot is on June 23-24. OOPS! Sorry Bobbie!
    K

19. Toddy

Toddy Member

72 shooter's signed up on pre-squad and expect a few more....
    Thanks all, especially my other best friend and favorite shooter, Krista for the kind words...

Reg. T.

20. Toddy

Toddy Member

1 more day to pre-squad and then it's get to work time as we have 74 shooter's pre-squadded.

Thanks all who took the time to read and just because you could not make it this year then think about the 36th annual and make plans to be there.

Reg. T., East Sooke, BC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.