1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

West Chester GC vs Oxford GC 11/26/10

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jwolf@wcgc, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwolf@wcgc

jwolf@wcgc TS Member

The West Chester Gun Club vs Oxford Gun Club-Chester County's Most Popular Gun Club Challenge- is scheduled for 11/26 -Black Friday- again this year. It will be a black day for Oxford as West Chester will come and rip the trophy off the wall at the Oxford Gun Club and return it to its rightful place! This years event will kick off at at the WCGC at 10AM with 50 targets and end with lunch and bragging rights at OGC. The format will be the same 50 -16 yard targets and 50- 23 yard targets. 25 of each at each club. $30 entrance fee includes targets, lunch and $4.00 per shooter lewis class (3 classes/$ split evenly, pays 60/40 to 1st and 2nd of each class) Rich, Ray and I look forward to seeing all of you again this year. Tickets for the event are now available at WCGC & OGC, rain or shine event, no refunds.

2. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Jon

You must have signed up some new ringers while I've been out of town. I have a pretty good feeling that the trophy will stay right where it belongs. GO OXFORD!!!!

Rich (hitting them hard) in Indiana

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Rich...

Will you be home to shoot this?

Curt

4. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Curt

I would love to see you and your band of cutthroats on the line for Oxford. Might even the playing field a little bit. I haven't heard who Jon has signed up yet but after the whipping he got last year I'm sure he has been campaigning hard.

I will be home for Thanksgiving and am looking forward to this shoot.

Rich in Indiana

5. jwolf@wcgc

jwolf@wcgc TS Member

Rich Lewis wouldn't miss it! He let me know before he went out to Indiana that the one stipulation he had with work was that he have off this weekend. Rich get to bed early on thanksgiving night- your gonna need your rest!

6. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Don't worry Jon, Ray and I will be up for the challenge. Not to mention all my friends from Team Oxford. Have you already forgotten what it was like to eat "Oxford Crow"?

Rich in Indiana

PS I haven't let any dust get on my barrel!!!
    [​IMG]

7. jwolf@wcgc

jwolf@wcgc TS Member

You and Ray sure make a nice pair, it would take a full house to beat that pair. Those trophies you are collecting in Indiana sure are nice and pretty, but they are Indiana trophies not Chester County Trophies. The only trophy that matters is the one thats coming off the wall of the OGC club house and coming home to roost where it belongs.

8. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I'm still waiting to hear who you have rounded up to help you in this ill-fated endeavor.

Rich in Indiana

9. jwolf@wcgc

jwolf@wcgc TS Member

I'm selling tickets for the Oxford Challenge like hot cakes. I got the long yardage guys looking forward to "shooting handicap so close to the trap house".

10. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

It's the same spot they were standing on last year. Didn't help them then, why should this year be any different?

OXFORD ROCKS!!!!

Rich in Indiana

PS On a lighter note, have you talked to Ray about the lunch menu?

11. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Jon

You are being awful quiet this year. Are you taking the high road? Or does the taste of "Oxford Crow" still linger?

OXFORD RULES!!!!

Rich in Indiana

12. jwolf@wcgc

jwolf@wcgc TS Member

I have to be careful about stepping out on a limb. I haven't shed the pounds that some have and I've found out that the limb may snap under me. The WCGC may be 0-1 in the challenge but we do plan to even the record this year. I still have an empty spot on the club house wall where the wood was supposed to hang. The underdog role is not one that I'm familiar with. So here is my edging out (just a little bit) on a limb- We will bring it home this year!

13. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

It's always hard to get something started when the other guy takes the high road. I am going to say that my Oxford shooters are off to a good start in the Pen-Mar this year with several 50's and 49's. I think they are ready to lay the smack down on Team West Chester.

Rich (feeling it) in Indiana

14. jwolf@wcgc

jwolf@wcgc TS Member

Its not the 16s that worry me, we out shot you in 16s last year. Its those darn handicaps that killed us. We did just finish our Summer Shoot Out League and I'm glad to say that all of our shooters are now very comfortable at the longer yardages. As I was the one who ran the league, I moved them all back every week, if they wanted to or not!

15. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Jon, I'm glad you spent the summer whipping your troops into shape. Most of my guys feel that when they move forward to the 23 the targets look as big as pie plates. Almost like taking candy from a baby!!!

Rich (like shooting close to the trap house) in Indiana

16. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Jon? Are you there? Being awful low key this time around.

Rich (headed home soon) in Indiana

17. jwolf@wcgc

jwolf@wcgc TS Member

Is called stealth, you are not going to know what hit ya. All is quiet and than BAM! Its tied 1 to 1

18. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I do have to give you credit for some wishful thinking. The only problem is that you still have to toe the line and break the clay.

Rich (soon to be 2-0 Oxford) in Indiana

19. jwolf@wcgc

jwolf@wcgc TS Member

Hey Rich, did ya check out the WCGC club championship winners. watch out buddy! It was cold and windy, just like its gonna be on Chrome road Friday 11/26. Ya'll gonna be left out in the cold and there won't be enough wind in Oxford to explain what happened.

20. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I was wondering how long it would take to get you wound up!!!

Rich (West Chester is going down!!) in Indiana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.