1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

We're at Sparta through 2026

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jbmi, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

We

That's fine with me.

http://thesouthern.com/news/local/article_92f92bea-b28c-11e0-a287-001cc4c002e0.html

2. illiniphil

illiniphil Member

Couldnt be better news!

3. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Illinois state government will not be as it currently is in a short short period of time. Maybe you will........probably you won't.

4. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Some of you might be,,, I will not,

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The die is cast. Even if Sparta fails as a government run agency they're not going to tear it down or make something else out of it. The ATA would be in a position to lease the property and run it like it should be.

The facility will be difficult to duplicate but if a super duper benefactor with unlimited funds wants to - then so be it.

6. walnutmaker

walnutmaker TS Member

Barry One could only hope|!

7. happytrapper

happytrapper TS Member

You Sparta basher should be glad there is a place to have the grand american trapshoot.Instead of running it down you should be promoting it. I know I would be there happy as a lark if my health would permit it. You don't know how much you miss going until you are not able to go. So quit complaining and be glad there is a Grand America no matter where it at.

8. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

If leasing is a possibility, I wonder if maybe this was the reason the Illinois State Government wanted a signed agreement so early. I would have thought it would have at least gone to the 8th year of the current agreement before asking for another contract agreement..

Just a thought...If there were people looking to lease the property, this agreement between the ATA and the State, would probably be a good sales pitch.

9. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

FYI

Jay

10. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I'm glad that we now have a sense of permanence in Sparta.

I've gone the last three years, won't be able to go this year as I apparently have torn the rotator cuff on my righty shoulder.

There is nothing wrong with Sparta for shooting and the food at the restaurants I have been to in the neighboring towns is great.

Perhaps this news may cause some business owners to invest in another motel or a bunch of them. That's really all Sparta lacks.

Nothing wrong with the Cardinal either. I shot the Classic last year, and, for the same reason I can't attend the Grand this year, I will miss the Cardinal Classic, too.

Bob

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

It is what it is, that will make some people happy and some not so happy ... The attendance is what creates the bottom line, you can't have one without the other ... Good move or not only time will tell, up till now not a good move based on attendance ... Business 101, if the business won't come to you move your business to where the customers are ... Location, Location, Location ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. missed some

missed some TS Member

gee whiz WPT, thats the case with all of em i have went to. You have never been to the Grand in Sparta, My money says if it were still in Vandalia you wouldn't go there either, WHO cares if you go?? Opinions are like assholes and you are both....Would you go to the grand if it were in Phoenix, I doubt it too.

13. missed some

missed some TS Member

you really need to find a different mantra.........it used to be, from you, its not the bow it's the indian, now it's location location location. haha

14. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Can I, as an ATA member, see a copy of the contract?

15. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Overall, I think that this is good news indeed!!! Beats them closing the doors??? Now what do we do about some shade??? Break-em all. Jeff

16. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Why are the people who favor Sparta so nasty? It's almost as if you criticized their bird dog!

17. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

birdogs--With all due respect, people have been bad mouthing and slamming that facility and town before the Grand ever actually moved there. Like a kid bullied in school, you do it long enough he is likely gonna come up swinging sooner or later. Just review all the threads that have been started over the last few years with no other intention than to bad mouth Sparta/WSRC and stir the pot.

18. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

The state of IL is $13 billion in debt....3 yrs. ago it was only $5 billion....and just how long do you think it'll be before the WRSC is shuttered?

Curt

19. WIN12 MAN

WIN12 MAN TS Member

Glad to hear it > i'll be saving lots of gas money not
    having to drive there. Ohio & Cradinal center is great .

Win

20. missed some

missed some TS Member

the last i heard the WHOLE friggin country was in debt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.