1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Went to the grand yesterday and shot a demo gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Holeinmypattern, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holeinmypattern

Holeinmypattern TS Member

I was down at the grand yesterday looking at guns. I have been interested in the Beretta UGB25 for a while but have been a little nervous about buying one from what I read on this site. Anyway, I stopped by Beretta's store and they let me take a demo gun out to the practice trap. (VERY nice people there!)

Without doing any adjusting on the gun I broke 22 of 25 16's and I'm not saying chip brokem but absoultely smoked them! The gun feels nice on the swing and the trigger was good. Loading was slightly awkward but no to bad. The only thing I noticed is that after 25 shots I was a bit sore! Now Beretta says this is supposed to be a very light shooting gun so my question is, am I a pussy or is it just the fit on the gun? I usually shoot my 870TB so I'm pretty sure4 I'm not a recoil weeney!

Am I nuts for wanting one of these?? I'm a bit scared they may go the way of the browning recoiless! (of course I have 2 of those that I bought really cheap!)

-John

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

You did look at the price????

3. Holeinmypattern

Holeinmypattern TS Member

yes i did! Thats why I came home without one!

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Good Boy!!! Now go make friendly with that 870 TB...

5. 1ozreloader

1ozreloader TS Member

No nice way to say it-Barettas kick.

6. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Yes you are nuts. Go to the Perazzi guys and try out one of those.

7. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

The PA shooter that won the KGUN and the PA State Handicap sure likes his..

FRedmon

8. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

I was fortunate to be able to shoot a UGB at the SC State Shoot a few years ago. I was very impressed with it, and I didn't notice excessive recoil, but I only fired it five times.

I liked the gun a lot, and would probably have purchased one, but I just don't like the fact that the hulls are ejected onto the ground.

bluedsteel

9. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

If you can get the Beretta then look at a Geurini. Shoot real nice, low recoil, and economical. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

HOLEINMYPATTERN: They have already went the way of the Browning Recoiless. Too many problems.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.