1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WENT TO AN INTERESTING SHOOT TODAY

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shootrman, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

I went to this shoot today that was quite interesting and thought I'd ask the experts (ATTA'LL be YOU) what's you thought. The competition was to shoot or saw in half a 4X4 post at about 40 feet in the least amount of time. The winner was in 3.2 seconds, second place was in 4.3 seconds. No autos! It was made of 3 team members. A pistol, a shotgun, and a rifle all shooting at the same time. I am seriously considering entering the next time they have it again. The pot is divided into 1/3. a 1/3 goes to the NRA, a 1/3 goes to the winner and the other 1/3 goes to the club. The calibers of choice seemed to be 30 caliber rifles, 45 and up on the pistols and shotgun was 12 ga. slugs. What does one think about 3 1/2 in shot vs. slugs? What would be your cal. of choice be?

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I shoot Bamboo in half with my 22 target pistol. Think, maybe I should change to a 45?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.