1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Went to a model show

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TOOLMAKER 251, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I went to a model show yesterday in York,PA. (cabin fever expo) I was amazed at some of the gas and steam engines I seen. Some guy built over a 10 year period a 392 hemi engine, another guy a Offenhauser, still another guy had a inline 6 duel overhead cam with 3 webber side draft carbs. It was hooked to a dyno and putting out 5.2HP. These engines have about a 1 inch bore. There were steam engines the size of your fingernail. I had 4 full hours of enjoyment and will go again next year. P.S. When I drove by the Harley Davidson plant I didn't see too many cars in the parking lot.

2. JLW

JLW TS Member

Looks like a lost post here!
    There aren't too many of us who enjoy building and viewing. I attended the model show in Toledo a couple of times and agree a lot of the work there is impressive.
    Sure wish I had just a little more of that talent!-Jerald

3. hdskip

hdskip Member

I was hoping to get to that show but didn't get too. I've always enjoyed reports on the previous shows. Amazing what can be done with skill, talent and time to acomplish the task.
    Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.