1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Went fishing with my 3 year old

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by nailer123, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

I took my son fishing for the first time . He hooked his first fish and got it to the dock then it fell off he looked at me and said i lost it.I felt bad but we had the time of are life.I love being a dad.

2. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Nailer you have started something you will love to do the rest of your life. I'm sure the little guy will always want to be included with Dad's fishing and when he's old enough hunting trips also. Savor every day of it they grow up so fast it's hard to imagine. Mine are 37 and 26 now and seems like only yesterday they were going with me on their first trips. Take pictures too you will love looking at them when the boy gets older. Dan

3. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

"The Old Man and the Boy" by Robert Ruark is a must read for you, then pass it on to your son.

4. Bill Stern

Bill Stern Member

Add "The Old Man's Boy Grows Older," also by Robert Ruark, and you have an unbeatable pair.

5. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Where The Red Fern Grows as he gets a little older.

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I guess your son learned why they call it fishing and not catching!!! You'll just have to take him again until he lands one. LOL. Break-em all. Jeff

7. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

I have fished with my son since he was 3...One time (he was about 7 at this point)we were at the local lake for an afternoon fishing trip...we were on the dock and he was casting and such when this guy and his daughter came onto the dock...she was about 5 or 6 ...she had this little bait cup and she had mealworms in it....she proceedes to lay the mealworm on the wood..and then takes the hook and tries to stab the meal worm without touching it...(the dad was useless just standing there)..all the while she is stabbibg this worm..she is squealling...EWWW EWWW EWWW EWWW... Finally in total disgust, my son heaves this huge sigh...puts his pole against the rail of the dock...stomps over to the poor girl and grabs the line out of her hand...grabs the mealworm....hooks it up for her...casts out to the water and turns to her and says.."Now be quiet..you are scaring the fish"...total man....hahhahahahaha...that little girl stayed and fished with us for the rest of the day...

8. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Ther is no price for this kind of experience unless you don't have or take the opportunity. Then your personal net worth deminishes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.