1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wenigs Stocks experiance?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by berettagold53954, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

See the thread about devault and is a bit pricey for me just wanted to see how good wenigs is at fitting and whats the avg price for fitting and to duplicate and fit stock

2. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

Try Walnutmaker@aol.com Phil Simms you won't be sorry! Jon

3. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

All the details for pricing are listed on the above web site. The only price that is not listed is the wood. When it comes to wood you can hurt yourself as bad as you want. Thank you,

Dennis DeVault

4. John391

John391 TS Member

My wife had 2 stocks made by Wenig and or experience with them was excellent. Custom stocks are expensive but in our case worth the cost. John

5. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Wenigs would not be my first choice as my experience on a stock dupication was not good. They had it three times and i ended up getting it re done my another fellow in order to get it right. There are several stock makers that would be a much better chopice in my opinion. Tom Smith in Ohio,Devault's and as mentioned Phil Simms. There are others just as good but not as well known also. Do some research around your area. Most make as much off the wood as they do the work.

6. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

I haven't had to clean any blood off the stock Frenchy DeVault made me. I can't say that about the all day custom fit stock Wenigs did for me.<br>
    In Fred's defense, he did give me a full refund on return of the stock, that was
    5 years ago. Harv.

7. berettagold53954

I would love to go to Devault but ill save that for someday when i have a higher end gun. I dont have 1900+ before buying wood to do it. I anm just tall and fat and cant get a factory gun to fit but im just getting either my old 90t or a bt99

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I am in no way bashing Weinig or Devault ( in fact if I could afford it, Devault would be my choice. I don't think anybody can checker a gun like Cindy) however I used Phil Simms for my 303 stock. He did a beautiful job and it fits perfectly. Here is a photo and there are more in the thread "my 303 wood)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Beautiful 303. They are just hard to beat huh.

10. berettagold53954

anybody know whats the avg price for a fitting and to make stock through phil?

11. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

BERETTA I sent you a PM

12. 1oz

1oz Member

Seen alot of beautiful work from Tom Smith in Ohio

13. Terry

Terry TS Member

I had a crossover stock made by Wenigs in October 2007. I was satisfied with their work. They tried hard and didn't quit until it fit and I could shoot it where I was looking. It was 1400.00, I had to do this or quit shooting. I would go back. Jimmy was the man who built mine. IN fact they had to make two as the first didn't work.

Terry Barnhart

14. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Just got a new set of from Mr. Simms very happy and shooting it well .

There are some really good stock guys around it,s really a personnal thing . If you can find some one close that is a big plus . Some do there style of wood and some do that ever you like

15. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Berettagoldman, I talked to todd at the country gentleman, I was looking to have my gun done. He told me to get the stock from Wenigs and told me to get the 1/4 inch cast off and so on. Then I was to go out to his place in Alabama and spend the day or afternoon with him while I shot the gun and he did the fitting, shaving, sanding, grinding whatever it took to get it right. Then I was to shoot the gun for awhile and see how I liked it. Only after that time and of course I could go back to him and have whatever adjusted I needed, was I to send the stock back to Wenigs and have them checker and finish the stock and send it back to me. It sounded like a $2,500 to $3,000 job depending on wood picked out. Of course the price to be much higher depending on the wood I picked out. Vern does not make a PFS for my gun, so I tryed to get a price on a custom one. Still shooting the factory stock with adj. comb and butt plate, will have to be close enough for my budget. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

16. berettagold53954

thats kinda what im thinking i have a pfs on gun im shooting now doesnt go long enough they say 16"lop thats bull have 11/4in pad got 15 3/4 maybe a hairmore by a hair under 16 the top rod came out and it was flopping around

17. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Berettagold, If thats all that is out of adj. for you I say have todd or Tron even add a spacer behind your pad to get it out the rest of the way. I say add a 1/2 inch spacer to it so you have enough rod inside the stock so as not to give you any touble. Add two 1/4 inch if 1/2 is not available. That should give you what you need. I had a Jr. stock on my gun when I was young and after I grew up I needed a full size stock and had the Vendor at my home club at a big shoot add like two inches of spacers behind the recoil pad, so yours is very doable. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

18. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Tom Smith has retired from stockmaking, or so he says.

19. skip

skip Member

All depends who does the fitting? Some of the guy's are better than others.

You really have to know going into it how you want the gun to fit you.

Wenig's woodworking staff and equipment to manufacture and refinish stocks are as good as anyone in my opinion, where I think they fall short is the actual fitting.

The staff is very patient when working with you and they do take you to a private range to test fire with the new stock but again in my opinion they fall a little short on the physics involved for a proper fit.

If I were to do it again I would like to try a fitting using a try stock or a PFS, take the measurements from it and then begin the final woodworking and finish.

Over all my experience was positive.

20. 1oz

1oz Member

Joe ,

I've heard the same might be a pick and choose when i want to thing , if i want to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

wenig beretta 303 stock

wenigs stocks

wenigs womens stock