1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

wenig

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nobull, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nobull

nobull TS Member

Well I am finally going to wenig mar. 16 all day to get fitted and have a custom stock made for me.

2. buckwheat

buckwheat TS Member

You're gonna like it!

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I was just there two days ago for the first time. It's an amazingly well-run shop full of talented and hard-working people; you'll get good service and a fine stock besides.

Neil

4. 700X-user

700X-user Member

Take advantage of the time that you are there. Walk around and talk to the "artists" working there. They love to talk about what they are currently working on. It will truly be an eye-opening experience for you. Oh, yeah! I almost forgot, just wait until you see how the targets smokeball with your new stock.

5. eagleonePA

eagleonePA TS Member

Tom:
    Thanks for sharing Your Story.
    Good Luck and God Bless, Bill Ivins

6. Whiz Bang

Whiz Bang TS Member

Neil does this mean your giving up your mole skin and body putty stock for a nice shiny checkered one? I spent time at Wenigs being custom fitted when i bought a new Alfermann. Time well spent.

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Good for you Tom!! Good web-site and write up too! Hap

8. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

WOW!!! What great looking guns. And now they will shoot where the owner is looking. Maybe I should take the money I was going to spend going to the Grand American and have my mono-gun restocked. I'm always adjusting the comb to get it just right.

I have to ask, was that a laminated stock?? It looks like it might be. Pretty guns!!

I'm jealous!!

Tomas

9. nobull

nobull TS Member

I am so excited I hope it is everything I think it will be and cant wait to see the smoke balls.

10. trapshootinkid25

trapshootinkid25 TS Member

It is a great experience. I had it done last year and I am thankful for it.

The one thing you must keep in mind is that unless you already had a stock that fit you perfectly (and even if you did this still applies) this new stock is going to change how your gun shoots. It will change how you swing, how the recoil feels, and many other things. I have a short neck and really broad shoulders (imagine that in a trapshooter...lol). So when I was using the factory Perazzi stock I had, I was canting the gun without realizing it. Because of this, my sight picture on left quarter angles was really far in front of the target. After I got the new stock, I was shooting the fronts off of, and sometimes even completely in front of left angles. It was difficult at first, but by the end of the year, I was on the 27 and was starting to break 100's in singles again.

I hope you enjoy it. Practice a lot and it will pay off, as this is one of the best investments you can make in a shooting sport.

Yours in sport,
    Mike Ruebhausen, 0210639

11. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Hi Mike. We haven't seen you here in ages. Welcome back!

Neil

12. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

Tom ,

Well written review --- didn't run the numbers , but , is the checkering and finishing included in the "total" ?

Charlie

13. nobull

nobull TS Member

I just got back form wenig man is that wood high. I got the best I could afford of extra fancy and I was told it is a strong piece. I shot it at there farm about 50 shot could not tell much but it felt really good,and I think it hit where I aim.

It is the same thing as getting a new gun, and learning how to shoot it. In my case, POI ended up being lower.

14. nobull

nobull TS Member

6 weeks Its for more skeet and sporting. I am going to buy a dedcaited trap gun. and will probaly have it fitted as well. I think the stock will be awsome.

15. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

they really are a class act- congratulations on being able to get it

regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.