1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wenig wood question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RobPete, May 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobPete

RobPete Member

I'm considering having a stock set made, but can't find any pricing on Wenig's site. Can anybody tell me how much a new american style would cost with special selection(50%) English walnut? I'm not looking for an exact figure, just trying to get a general idea. I figured there has to be a few Wenig customers on here.........

Thanks,
    Rob

2. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Best to call them...They will give all the info. you need, Talk to Marsha or Karen. Shoot Well ..Shoot Often, Bart

3. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

As I recall from a few weeks ago, 50% SS English was about $750, 75% was $1250 and 100% was $2500.

4. Tom @ Athens

Tom @ Athens Member

If you call them they will mail or e-mail you a price list.
    Tom

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Including my fitting session, cutting K-80-style finger grooves into the forend and shipping the completed gun to me, the 100% Special Selection English walnut blank I had my stock made with six years ago was $3,980 with their optional "deluxe" finish (worth the extra $$$). I passed on the extra-cost checkering - I prefer simpler designs and think some of the ornate ones are a little gaudy.

Below is a photo of Fred Wenig holding my blanks and Elbert Smith holding my KX-5 with its Wenig fitting stock and another of the gun wearing its new wood.

Ed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. RobPete

RobPete Member

Thanks Ed, that's exactly what I was looking for! PS- beautiful wood

7. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Arn't there new owners there now?

8. Tom @ Athens

Tom @ Athens Member

I had a Wenig stock made in late 09 if I remember right. Custom fitting for my dimensions was $295.00. Stock fitted,finished,and checkered with two different recoil pads was $835.00 . The main difference in cost is the type and quality of the wood you choose. Fred Wenig has sold the business. I hope to never shoot a gun without a fitted stock again. You won't be sorry if you decide to have one made.
    Tom

9. Alamo

Alamo Member

I recommend Wenig highly. My experience with the new owner, Bobby Chambers and his staff, was first rate. Incidentally, Bobby is a very good shot and understands the little things that are important to his customers. I was satisfied enough that I became a repeat customer.

Larry Hancock

10. Alamo

Alamo Member

I recommend Wenig highly. My experience with the new owner, Bobby Chambers and his staff, was first rate. Incidentally, Bobby is a very good shot and understands the little things that are important to his customers. I was satisfied enough that I became a repeat customer.

Larry Hancock

11. Alamo

Alamo Member

Larry Hancock

12. Alamo

Alamo Member

Larry Hancock

13. Alamo

Alamo Member

Larry Hancock

14. Alamo

Alamo Member

Larry Hancock

15. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Release mouse will cure that lol

16. RobPete

RobPete Member

I gave them a call yesterday. A custom dimension stock with 50% selection english and perazzi checkering would be just shy of $2,600.. The new American would be about $2,100(no fitting, custom checkering). Thanks for all of the responses

17. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Rob,

Are you keeping your forearm on the gun? If so, there may be some additional charges that wasn't thought of in the quote. I have been down this road before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bobby chambers weing stocks