1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$$$$$ Wenig Trip July 2007 $$$$$

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skip, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skip

skip Member

Some Photos of How Wenig Makes A Stock.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. Jwints525

Jwints525 TS Member

Hi Skip,
    Yup been there and done that. Nice Pictures, I guess it is kinda hard to take a picture when they are fitting you for that stock. Got there at 7:30 AM and that try stock gets fitted and fitted and fitted before they take you out to the patterning board and to shoot some birds before they put it in the machine to take the blank and make a workable stock out of it. Then it's back to the fitting and fitting and more fitting, this time without the bondo and the rasp is used sparingly on what will become the finished stock. Then back to the patterning board and the birds when they think it is right. They seal the stock and you go home with it (around 3:30PM) to shoot for a couple of months. You only send it back to be checkered and finished if you are happy with the fit. After between 4 and 6 weeks you get the finished stock back.
    Expensive but worth every penny. Scores improved dramatically.

3. Jwints525

Jwints525 TS Member

Hi Skip,
    Yup been there and done that. Nice Pictures, I guess it is kinda hard to take a picture when they are fitting you for that stock. Got there at 7:30 AM and that try stock gets fitted and fitted and fitted before they take you out to the patterning board and to shoot some birds before they put it in the machine to take the blank and make a workable stock out of it. Then it's back to the fitting and fitting and more fitting, this time without the bondo and the rasp is used sparingly on what will become the finished stock. Then back to the patterning board and the birds when they think it is right. They seal the stock and you go home with it (around 3:30PM) to shoot for a couple of months. You only send it back to be checkered and finished if you are happy with the fit. After between 4 and 6 weeks you get the finished stock back.
    Expensive but worth every penny. Scores improved dramatically.

4. skip

skip Member

That's what I did, I'll send the stock back this winter before the Winter League starts.

Skip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.