1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wenig New American Stocks ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by R.Kipling, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Anyone have some specific experience with this replacement stock? i.e. fit, finish, configuration and overall cost? Looking at replacing a 1100 stock first, and then maybe an XT.

THX,
    Kip

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Too many variables for an accurate answer. You can get a completly finished stock or one that is just inletted for your gun and you do the finishing. Also the type and grade of wood changes the price. Why not contact Wenig directly to get the straight answer from them.

Eric

3. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Hard to answer the new American stock for an 1100 may be a good start if your talking about an unfinished semi that you are going to have fitted to your own dimensions. I'm not a fan of their grips or grip angle on the completed ones.

On an inexpensive gun it's much better than most of the factory stocks.

Joe

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Kip, give them a call. They may have an 1100 stock ready to go. I have seen many examples of their work, and I think they do an outstanding job, especially for the money.

I ordered a semi-inletted New American stock from them for my Perazzi. Then I had a stock maker finish the inletting and put a recoil pad on it. Right from the start it fit me better than the custom stock I had made for my Perazzi. I'm using it as a try stock. When I get it just the way I want it, I'll give it to a good stock maker and tell them to make one just like it, but pretty.

5. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

Also check out www.scattergunstocks.com He has nice replacements for 1100s. Best Regards, Ed

6. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Thanks all,

What I was looking for was something other than a sales pitch. I have a Wineg rifle stock, and like it. However, it never hurts to get some unbiased experiences from specific end-users. The question remains open-ended for this reason.

I've had several gun fittings, and know my preferred dimensions, the tighter grip was one of the things that interested me.

Gun fitter,

If you don't mind, what do you find not to your liking about the grip?

Kip

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

<a href="http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t196/jrm7800/?action=view&current=100_0040-2.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a> Here is a New American Ladies Left hand in Standard grade walnut. I purchased the semi-inletted and cut and finished myself for my wife. The shorter grip to trigger length and toe out was a selling point for me. My wife was a thought fit. Petite, little hands and some what large breast. All other factory Ladies/youth guns where to long in the grip to trigger and the toe would be jabbing into her. This was my first attempt at any type of stock work. They give you plenty to work with for the final fit to receiver. I know I could have made the fit better around the tang but I rushed to get it done to get my wife shooting before the weather turned. The more she shoots the more I shoot. She does not shoot enough to justify a full custom stock, or would she bother with it all. Her average with the original "ladies" stock on the browning gold was low teens. Now when she puts a little time in she runs high teens low 20s. I plan on getting another for a project gun this winter.

8. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Kip I sent you a PM with the information requested hope this helps.

Joe

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I just checked out scatterguns and Joes pics on another post. Great looking wood. both of them. Maybe some day I can upgrade to the fancy grades. Joe you recently did a stock job for a very tall/large man. Anyway you could get a pick of that gun next to a off the shelf gun. Like to see the differences.

10. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

this is not intended to be a sales pitch.
    i went to Wenig and had a custom butt stock made for my mx2000
    i picked out the wood. they made the stock while i was there.
    then in their pickup for a trip to the pattern board for poi check.
    then a few clays similar to station low 7 in skeet.
    they estimated delivery in six weeks. ups delivered in five
    it matches the forearm as if they were made together.
    it was a very enjoyable experience and i will get any future
    wood work there !
    ernie

11. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Maclellan- The stock was for former NBA player Matt Geiger. Unfortunatly Matt's gun is in florida and I'm up here in NJ.

I won't be down to see Matt for several months so I'll repost the pic He's over 7 feet tall and the gun is a 32" barrel Mx 2000 trap gun.
    [​IMG]

Notice how small the receiver looks. It is a full size mx 2000 with 32" barrels

12. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Go to Wenig, get fitted, select the wood. You will not be disappointed.

13. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

Kipling - recently received Super X1 stock back from Wenig - New American, fitted but unfinished - $170. The right-hand palm-swell is dominant and a tad tight for me but overall I am well pleased.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

wenig custom gunstocks new american dimensions