Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wenig Ladies Stock Feedback?

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  oleolliedawg 
#1 ·
I am considering this for an 1100 for wife and a niece to use. The "New American" ladies model looks like a very good solution to fitting the gals and younger shooters. I especially like the shorter, closer grip configuration. Wenig seems to be well respected by several on this forum. Any of you have any experience with this stock that you'd care to share.

Kevin

#2 ·
Kevin,

I can't speak on the ladies stock, but I can speak for Wenig's. I recently had a custom stock built by them. They built my custom stock around the same principles as the New American (rollover comb, cast, offset, etc.). Their quality is top-notch! The stock I had built is the most comfortable I have ever shot.

Matt Woodson

#4 ·
I got one for my wife's 1100 LT20 and she loves it. I had an adjustable stock made first but it would not adjust enough to fit her. Every girl that shoots this gun with the Wenig stock has shot better scores with it. The big plus is no one complains about recoil at all.

I would buy another in a heartbeat.

#5 ·
I bought a lady's stock from Wenig for my wife about a year ago and it worked out quite well. She is still using it and likes it.

The suggestion that you just get a stock with an adjustable comb and try to get the right LOP using pads ignores the fact that the Wenig stock has at least two changes from a standard men's stock that normal adjustments won't reproduce:

1. the grip on the Wenig lady's stock is closer to the trigger, and accommodates smaller hands

2. The toe of the stock is pushed out (or to the right) in a way that accommodates female anatomy very well.

There may be other changes as well. It's not just a smaller or "junior" stock. Our experience is that it is worth the money.

Ted K.

#7 ·
I put one on my wife's Beretta auto several years ago. She will not shoot anything else. I ordered it "larger" than required and had her shoot it for 6 months before having it finished. During that time, I would sand various parts that did not seem to fit. In the end it came out great and is the only stock that has ever fit her.

Jack

#8 ·
Thanks for the input gentlemen. An adjustable pad will probably be part of the equation. - uhh BigBore I'm witholding comment -

Matt, I'm going to try to sell a few Downrange wads here in Fla and via internet. I endeavor to treat my customers as well as you treat me!

K

#11 ·
Be careful recommending Ladies dimensioned stocks to all ladies. My wife shoots a standard length K-80 with a 34" Unsingle barrel. She's 5'4' short and handles it good enough to make former captain of the PA State Ladies team. The All-American stock dimensions were a godsend for her!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.