1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wendys Anti Gun?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Baber, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baber

Baber TS Member

Yesterday, while on my way back from the Canadian National Trap Shoot, I changed planes in Las Vegas. During the layover I stopped in the Wendy's in Terminal C for a quick lunch. I opened my IPad to read TS.Com and found it "BLOCKED" as Fire Arm Related! I then tried the USA Shooting Website to see if there was nay news about our Olympic team and found it blocked as well. Needless to say this stinks. We need to advise Wendy's to stop blocking this and other sites just because they are firearms related.

Tom

2. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Was that Wendy's WIFI or the airports???

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

You are going off half cocked at best tbaber

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. Baber

Baber TS Member

This was an Internet service provided by Wendy's. The regular airport system did not have this restriction.

This used to be a common occurrence but have not seen this type of restriction in years.

Tom

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Wendy's around here in Arizona are not restricted ... WPT ... (YAC)

6. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

They are all individual franchises...the owners/managers call the shots..you can gripe to central office but I think you'd be wasting your breath

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Tom, so what was Wendy's response to your question??

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Look at the NRA's list of businesses that are anti gun. In St. Louis both the Cardinals and the Ram's are big contributors to the antigun movement. The list is astoundingly sad.

9. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

I have no idea what or who The Cardinals or The Rams are, but I would guess they are sports teams. Now we all know that there is hardly a professional athlete that doesn't own guns, most of them bunches of guns. Too bad that more athletes aren't politically informed.

10. GW22

GW22 Active Member

That little red-headed be-hotch is a GUN BANNER!

-Brain in Oregano

gw22_2008_0303175.jpg

11. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

You were in an airport...really, what the hell did you expect. I'll bet knife sites were banned too. Just say'n
    R Talley

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Dave Thomas many years ago was said to have contributed to anti-gun groups, but I've never seen any actual evidence of that.

Wendy's was bought by Arby's, and the latter does support anti-gun efforts, but the combined group sold off the Arby's portion.

Some Wendy's restaurants have posted signs banning weapons or concealed carry. When gunowners contacted Wendy's corporate, they were told that the corporation is neutral on this issue, and leaves it up to the individual franchise owners.

Unless someone can come up with hard evidence, I'd have to say that it does not appear that Wendy's is anti-gun, with the exception of some individual franchise owners.

As for the WiFi issues at the airport, my speculation is that a LAN connection to the airport WAN backbone is probably part of the lease. It's quite likely this is the policy of the airport, not of those leasing space from them.

Further, some gun websites block traffic from airports, because they are ideal for trolls to make hit and run posts from.

13. crusha

crusha TS Member

Wow, a refreshing, technially-proficient and tactful post from Brian in Oregon...in stark contrast to the sophomoric sectarian drivel from GW22?

14. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yeah, you guys are right. I'm never buying french fries again without thoroughly investigating the corporate history of the parent company, the franchise owner, and the pimply faced kid at the drive-thru window to make sure they all unanimously approve of my gun ownership.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.