1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Well, we fell over the Cliff

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shootrman, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Well our elected officials didn't disappoint us. Once again, chasing their tales until its time to go to the party. But NO BIG deal, they still get paid, still get a pension,& the best insurance. I do think its very important that they did vote to extend the farm aide bill for a year which prevents our gallon of milk to double in price. GIVE ME a FREAKEN BREAK

2. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

It would make sense to let the next set of eggheads do this work.
    The debt will be papered over regardless.

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Yup they are going to get the tee and put it under the can and kick 'er down the road again

I wish I could get a job with all the bennies they have to do such a pathetic job, and that is both sides

The insane spending has to stop

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Cat,,,,,it won't as long as the little boys and girls get their presents from Santa........

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Very true BD

6. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

Shootrman,

i thought we were all free market capitalists on this site. So, why do you believe we should be subsidizing farmers? Perhaps you think we should increase our subsidies to the petroleum industry. Then maybe the price of gas would go down. Not as much as the subsidy, of course, There are some commissions to be paid that the oil industry would probably call research, handling costs, travel expense,entertainment etc. I am sure you get the idea.

7. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

I surely wasn't bad mouthing any farmers or farm owners (I was raised on a farm). Simply, very simply implying of the fine outstanding work that our elected official are doing. They have MONTHs to get this done. Remember the others that are effected: military, the unemployed, oh and maybe you. Your taxes, you won't be filing anytime soon!

8. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Was there any suprise this would happen. Thanks to all who voted obozo in What a proud moment in american history ( im being sarcastic ) Remember the song turn turn turn Odumbos song spend spend spend

9. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

True, and also B.S., B.S., B.S. or Lie, Lie, Lie. The private sector will really be doing fine now.

10. CharlieAMA

Hey Rick- The page can't be found. I tried it twice. Happy New Year. Charlie

11. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Ya'll may or may not be aware that food stamps are a large part of the farm bill.

12. CharlieAMA

Thanks Rick. I remember studying that bill in college.

13. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Rick, you are the best. Where do you come up with all this stuff

14. dan7uk

dan7uk TS Member

Two words, TERM LIMITS.

15. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

Very interesting, Rick.

16. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

Shootrman,

I never suggested that you were "bad mouthing" farmers. I asked, do you believe we should be subsidizing farmers? It's really a simple question. What's you opinion? Having grown up on farm, you must have one.

Rick,

You have given those of us who didn't know, a good understanding of the circumstances of milk pricing in the US. But, it's not what I was asking Shootrman and I do wonder what you think. Should we be subsidizing farmers in the US?

17. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Traders, I'll answer your question, cause I grew up on a farm too.

yes...and no.

Yes, to keep family farms in lieu of corporate farms, and to compete with world market prices. No, to allowing farmers to write off expenses when crop prices are 200% above that world market comp. price, falsely hiked by ethanol (another gov't intervention/wild lib. dream that will never work).

Now answer my questions: Should medicare,medicade,and entitlements be cut? and if so, by how much? Should those receiving entitlements be working for the public to qualify to get their checks? (pick up trash, trim roadways, clean public buildings, maintenance work for municipalities)

18. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

I paid into my retirement for 37 years. Went under medicare by
    goverment choice. SS now in trouble because LBJ took the money
    and left an IOU. Don't feel like picking up trash to qualify for
    SS. Libs that took the money should be picking up trash.
    For U that think the small family farmer or rancher has it so good -
    there is still land available for sale.

Doyal

19. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Oh yaH! LBJ & his "great society". Saw all that money saving up and couldn/t wait to spend it. (with the help of the defense industrial complex and your Congress-wankers).

20. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Great idea Rick, except they spent the money flying gasoline into far-away places for 45$ a gallon. They could have driven the across a border in a truck but they screwed that up too. You paid for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.