1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Well out of the blue

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by copper, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. copper

copper Member

Well my youngest son in the Navy now two years decides around Xmass to get engaged to a girl he dated for three years in high school. Now after two months she says ending it. I exspect she has met a college boy my son 1000 miles away. Well I feel like lost a daughter and for my son who says he is fine . They talked about the engagment before hand a lot and she was all for it, Two months I feel betrayed theres loyalty. Wel I touch on he should get ring back something he busted his but for since she broke it off. I feel for her parents they were very close to my son also father was 8 years military now police chief. I am tempted to send her a nice letter saying sorry we will miss you send ring to us. Dave

2. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Let your son deal with this himself. Offer you advise and then give support to the path HE chooses wheather you approve or not. It will pay you in the future. Better this happens now than after marriage when he may be deployed. Jake

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

J2jake is spot on. I have dealt with this sort of thing with two of my three sons. Just let him deal with it and support the direction he chooses

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Years ago engagement rings were a legal and binding agreement of future marriage. If she broke it off, I think she has to give it back. Maybe the laws have changed. Wayne

5. copper

copper Member

Well I know he has to do on his own just hate to see him get taken advantage of no matter how old your kids are you are still a Dad, Well thanks for advise hopfully she plans on returning it. Dave

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

There's an old saying that says "If it was meant to be it will be and if not it wasn't meant to be".

Eric

7. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Well same happened to me. Got the dear jon while across the ocean. Funny thing, after a couple of bad marriages on both sides, we finally got married to each other, just 40 years later. Funny how some things work out. If it's meant to be it will happen. Just let them deal with it.

8. EE

EE Banned User Banned

mash the link.

EE

9. copper

copper Member

You know EE do you ever respond to any thing other than to be a pain in the A. Y ou are no doubt a legend in your own mind , just love the sound of your own voice though most here don,t. If you ever get what coming to you I would hate to be you. You probably don,t have a wife or kids and that lucky for them. I once asked the who was oldest Vet from the war and you came back with some remark, I saw someone post a picture of a car and you called it getto, i picture you as some trust fund baby who people only hang around because you pay them to what is your real name

10. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Butt out of it.

Don't feel bad for your son, he has been spared a marriage that wouldn't have worked. Lots of fish in the sea. I'm sure the girl will give the ring back, it obviously doesn't mean much to her.

11. copper

copper Member

Well again thanks for all the advise after such a long relationship I was shocked as I think he was is, Its been two years that he went in but that he is not here with me I worry I think you always want things to be perfect for your kids though life doesn,t work that way. thanks again regards Dave

12. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Copper, just be glad she backed out of it now before they had kids and really made a mess of things.

Consider your son one of the lucky ones.

He is young enough to find someone and I'm sure that he will.

Good luck to him........

Hauxfan!

13. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Copper be glad it's not a divorce with small children involved. There will be pain for your son and the young lady but it's their relationship and it's best to end it now. When the bride to be breaks the engagement she's supposed to give the ring back. Dan

14. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xrWxIf50u5k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xrWxIf50u5k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Got one of these while in Korea.

BB

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Better to find out now than later.

I was pretty devastated when my first fiance dumped me a month before our wedding.

A year later I met a gal who eventually asked me to marry her. We're coming up on 28 years in June, and have a 20 year old son, and a 16 year old daughter. We've never been more in love than we are now.

As for my first fiance, I found out she got divorced for cheating on her husband.

16. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

An engagement ring is a bond for 2 people to get married . She broke the engagement and should be responsible to return the ring but some women think its a prize to keep . Only your son should get involved . Keep out of it as most have said .

17. crusha

crusha TS Member

EE,

Sigh...damn those "college boys"...Geez.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.