1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Well,my Citori got damaged,what to buy next?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Citori Shooter, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

The Citori I purchased new at the Grand back in 1993 recently was damaged somewhere between the gunsmith having it and it getting back to me.Nothing was really wrong with it when I sent it out but I just wanted the trigger tuned and any necessary springs replaced because of age.My heart sank when I opened the box to see that the receiver was damaged,apparently from being dropped.As I wait for UPS to pay for it I am at a crossroads.I have been using a 1980s era Citori to get by with until this issue is resolved but I have not managed better than a 23 with it.It just isn't MY gun.I was considering buying a new Citori XT but a fellow shooter suggested stepping up to something better like a Kolar,Perazzi or Ljutic.I am not rich and never considered buying one of these.I am just a married working guy with three kids that likes to shoot trap.That said,if I am going to have $2000.00 in a new Browning a used Perazzi or Krieghoff could be within reach.Suggestions???My old gun had a Monte Carlo stock,Jones adjustable butt plate and Pachmayr D550 pad and I would like something that would be similar to that.Thanks.

2. rick979

rick979 Active Member

First off good luck in getting UPS to pay.... much less $2,000.00. They broke my Beretta and paid me nothing. I think the other guns you mentioned will exceed your price parameters. Again.... I hope you get them to pay for your gun.

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Why is it that UPS doesn't pay off on their insurance,,,,you would think that some attorney would start a class action against them for misrepresentation or breech of contract,,,,I'll remember NOT to us them....

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    UPS? Pay? Good luck with that.

5. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

UPS is self insured. They don't like to pay. You need to be on them everyday to get payed. Otherwise you lose. Todd

6. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

UPS wasn't the point.Either they are paying or the gunsmith is paying for it because they are the last two people to touch it.Yes it is very difficult to get UPS to pay,they usually will say insufficent padding or unknown condition before shipment.I know because I fought with them over three weeks to get them to pay for a set of aluminum wheels I shipped to Florida once.The receiver was home when they were delivered and he said the driver dropped them so hard in his driveway that gravel went through the boxes on three of them and actually embedded into the wheels.He called inmediately to complain to UPS and then called me.It took both of us to get UPS to pay and they probably would not have paid except for the receiver telling them he could burn them a DVD from his security camera(bluff)and mail it to them.I just wanted to know if there would be a used higher end gun that could be affordable to me,something up to a $3500-$4000 range.Thanks.

7. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Can, and if, you buy extra insurance from UPS will they still balk at paying off a claim?

8. blaster

blaster Member

That is why I use fed x

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

UPS - never use them

10. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I traded my citori 425 for an XT and love it.

11. 007

007 Member

Please check your P.M.

P.M. sent to You

12. oletymer

oletymer Member

Better yet do only face to face transactions. I will only sell, buy, repair or modify face to face, no shipping.

13. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

You will never go wrong with a new Citori XT. Over time, hopefully you will come to love it as much as the old one. Good luck with UPS!

Robert

14. pull!

pull! TS Member

look at the Browning XT unsingle at Guns Unlinited.com

I have been a Browning shooter forever and my scores have come up a "bunch" with the unsingle, and you also get a great double barrel, too!

15. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

Wht would you want anything other than a Citori. They are a smooth shooting trouble-free gun.

I got a 625 and it is a gem.

16. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

How did this post go from an insurance claim to buying a different gun?

Anyway, if UPS has a reputation for not paying insurance claims, and this seems to be reported here more and more, what do you folks suggest? We all can't deal local face to face with a service.

17. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

I just traded my Citori in at a local gunshop for a nicely set up bt-99 plus. I was having ejection problems with the Citori and didn't want to put any more money into it. plus my scores were never quite there with it. this is my second bt and I am very happy with it. It has the adjustable comb and a R.A.D. recoil absorbtion system. You can get one of these for 1300 to 1500 used. Around 2000 new.

18. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

You might also look into a Rem 3200.

19. Gatguy

Gatguy TS Member

Describe the damage of the gun, I may be of help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.